Fallout 76 - Let's Work with Others

Although I enjoy the idea of Co-op play, actually finding the time to do so and in sync with your friends? It's not going to happen.

Well unfortunately we are not their target audience anymore but that became very clear with the selfie pose and post they showed off before. Like many here I am very disappointed in the direction the Fallout franchise has gone but there are other indi developers picking up the slack like Atom so thats where my $$$ will be going in the future.

Well unfortunately we are not their target audience anymore but that became very clear with the selfie pose and post they showed off before. Like many here I am very disappointed in the direction the Fallout franchise has gone but there are other indi developers picking up the slack like Atom so thats where my $$$ will be going in the future.

I enjoyed FO4 a lot despite the flaws. FO76 isn't really my thing, but I'm still looking forward to Bethesda's future single-player games.

Atom looks interesting. Has anyone here tried it yet? I see it's in early access.

Speak for yourselves (most) people - I'm exactly the target audience for FO76 :)

Then again, I love sharing great games with friends. I know I'm weird in that way!

I'm not talking about censorship, but why cover every tidbit about this game if the only purpose is to circlejerk about how much Bethesda and MMOs suck? It has grown stale.

Yeah I sympathize with wanting more straight up CRPG news rather than hiking/multiplayer sim news but it is hard to find sometimes. If there are games you think we should be covering more feel free to suggest them.

Just keep in mind that people are interested in Fallout 76, although I cannot tell if they are fans. The viewcount for this news is 423 so far which compared to other news items is quite alot more. It maybe that people are drawn to the drama or it maybe they are genuinely interested. Its not for me to judge. I just post what I find that I think might be of interest.

@Silver Coin;

If you're going to get comfortable around the Watch, you need to realise most of the people here are dedicated old-school fans. Many (NOT all) get very uncomfortable when their old beloved classics "change" and they see most changes as an insult of some kind.

That's why you're seeing them praise one cash-grab after the other, where old-school games remain largely unchanged - but with just enough additions to arguably justify exploiting the old-school mindset and tell fans they're getting something special by re-buying archaic games from 30 years ago.

It's laughably rigid and counter to their own interests in many cases, I'd say, but I still find it a little endearing.

I mean, I also dearly love my father - even though he often preaches about the evils of technology and such, and how much of a problem it is to get mail in digital form, etc.

The thread needed a little balance and I'm only too happy to point out what many of you guys are like here and there ;)

Think of it as Darth love!

Let's work on bug fixing a bit more. How about that, Bethesda?

Another trailer of a product trying to force their political leanings on players. Character found the perfect match from the start that got killed by a robot then to embrace a multi cultural community.

What a piece of propaganda.

Another trailer of a product trying to force their political leanings on players. Character found the perfect match from the start that got killed by a robot then to embrace a multi cultural community.

What a piece of propaganda.

Or maybe they are trying to sell it to as much people as possible. Propaganda? Yes. Political? No.

Why keep covering this game? It's obvious no one cares enough except to shit on it.

I'm glad news is posted for news sake, not for comment reviews.

Attitudes like this contribute to the downfall of media with clickbait and ego stroking and fearmongering.

Don't feel pressured to read comments on any site. Read article and move on.

I'm ambivalent currently.

While it is certainly a setting adapted to MP since it is based on killing, looting and being a general asshole for everyone but a small group of Elected (aka your group) it seems only to rely on violence of small groups against other small groups.
I may have missed something here but apart for the usual "you can spend lot of resources it took you weeks to grind to set up a base and a shop. When you are done why do you not invite the other psychopaths for a visit?" I did not see a lot.

I will be curious to see how they manage the usual griefers of this kind of game like cheaters or big real life guilds who have dozens of people working together and harassing smaller groups without a chance for those ones to retaliate and so on.

But beside that curiosity it is not for me. Those MP/COOP games are just toxic environments, drying your soul, and making you give up any hope on the human race.

It will be solved through private servers.

Or maybe they are trying to sell it to as much people as possible. Propaganda? Yes. Political? No.

The agenda is written all over the wall.

• pip boy meets pip girl (no miscegenation)
  • pip girl is killed by a green robot (tree hugger that conserves nature)
  • pip boy meets multicultural crowd(red haired no soul white man, yellow, brown women, dark man)
  • pip boy thrives (he is no leader)
  • pip boy paradise community is destroyed by a gang of thugs led by a pip boy look alike[white straight men are evil]

It is all in the vid.
Propaganda. Agenda.

It will be solved through private servers.

The agenda is written all over the wall.

• pip boy meets pip girl (no miscegenation)
  • pip girl is killed by a green robot (tree hugger that conserves nature)
  • pip boy meets multicultural crowd(red haired no soul white man, yellow, brown women, dark man)
  • pip boy thrives (he is no leader)
  • pip boy paradise community is destroyed by a gang of thugs led by a pip boy look alike[white straight men are evil]

It is all in the vid.
Propaganda. Agenda.

Joxer, stop selling your "green salad" here. Right Now!

I apparently missed the other 72 Fallout title launches, I've been off the grid for a while.
I did a Google search for "Fallout 36" -36 being my lucky number- and couldn't find the release date.
Where did it go?
Nowhere as this is a Fallout spinoff based on Vault 76 in West Virginia in 2102.

I apparently missed the other 72 Fallout title launches, I've been off the grid for a while.
I did a Google search for "Fallout 36" -36 being my lucky number- and couldn't find the release date.
Where did it go?

Likewise, I missed the 358 other XBOXes consoles, between the first XBOX and XBOX360 :p :p :p

And please, Couchpotato, I don't need a lession on that subject :p

FO4 is still one of my all time favorite games and still playing it a lot. I was very happy with the vanilla version and now mods continue to keep it fresh and fun.

FO76, on the other hand, doesn't really interest me as I don't like PvP and while I have enjoyed some MMO's I currently don't get into them much. Anything with PvP (without options to avoid) is always a no-go for me. But private servers are of possible interest. I do have a small group of friends I chat with on discord regularly and while most of us prefer the SRPG style of FO4 we have been thinking it might be fun for the 4 of us to all play FO76 as a group. Depends on how it all turns out.

Hence this is a case where I don't have a lot of interest in FO76 as a game as a whole ... yet at the same time I am still VERY interested in news on it as I am curious, in general, with what Beth plans to do with the game and what it might actually look like on release.

Even outside of all that Beth is my current favorite developer for games, next to Obsidian, and so I am always interested in what they are doing as it can shed light on where they might go in the future - for good or bad.

So thanks for the news Silver as I appreciate reading it here.

Back
Top Bottom