D:OS Next patch

Divinity: Original Sin

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
According to a tweet by @larianstudios the next patch will be released "most likely next week". It will improve coop dialogs (and a lot more I think).

I'm going to at least wait until those additional NPCs are added. I'll have Risen 3 to play soon anyways. :)

Things I need/ want to have before playing this game:

- more companions

- balance holes fixed (resistances, sneaking, etc.)

- more or tweaked talents ("+10% damage with one-handed crushing weapons" isn't really on par with "get healed by standing in blood", is it?)

here's hoping that this next patch will address some of these issues :)

- more or tweaked talents ("+10% damage with one-handed crushing weapons" isn't really on par with "get healed by standing in blood", is it?)
That depends on how much gets healed relative to how hard you're hit. If your fighter gets hit for 50 and heals 47 back, that's a great boon. If your mage gets hit for 250 and heals back 47, that's hardly relevant.

They should really patch in some semblance of enemy AI... attacks always targeting the closest opponent is so simplistically cheesy and makes fights way too predictable, routine, and outright dull.

They've released a small patch to version 1.0.107. It contains bugfixes, no additional content.

That depends on how much gets healed relative to how hard you're hit. If your fighter gets hit for 50 and heals 47 back, that's a great boon. If your mage gets hit for 250 and heals back 47, that's hardly relevant.

Leech is the ability that killed my enjoyment of the game. It should be renamed to 'God Mode' skill. It should be ideally removed from the game, but if that's not possible, then it needs a serious rewrite. My meleers were basically immune to physical damage.

If it's really that OP, I think chances are that it'll be nerfed in one of the upcoming patches.

Does the AI use the Leech ability?
Can abilities like this be modded or are they hard coded?

it doesn't really matter if you throw in a spell that can make everyone including your own chars bleed.

edit: but yes, all abilities that restore only a portion of HP are better used on high HP characters. But since there's no class system a mage can have just as many HP as a tank, especially if you throw Lone Wolf into the equation.

Leech is OP, I agree. But as SP noticed, lonewolf mage with pumped intelligence and constitution added to glass cannon trait = godlike. :)
Add too good items made from crafting...

The game could use more polish on balance.

it doesn't really matter if you throw in a spell that can make everyone including your own chars bleed.

You don't even need a spell. My melee characters just stood there. Got hit by a weapon for 200 damage. Armor absorbed 120 so they got 80, that created blood that Leech insta-absorbed for 91 healing. In fact, against lower damage/multiple attacks enemies like rogues and archers, my meleers actually got healed by them.

Yowza!! My battle mage typically gets hit for 150 after absorption and only gets about 50 back. He's putting points into his strength and intelligence, though, not constitution.

The game could definitely use some balancing, though. It's felt easier than XCom for me yet I keep hearing people scream about how hard this is far more often than in XCom. I'm guessing I lucked into the uber powers. (Though that final half of the final fight is sure kicking me around all of the sudden!)

FYI.

Raze said: "There will be another patch this week or next, but I don't think it is the one with companions. The only thing I've seen mentioned as being included is improvements for the co-op dialogue system."

Source

Ahhhh well, at least Wizardry 8 will keep me occupied till they finish patching in all the companions for this one. Maybe by Christmas, I'll need something to distract me while in Cancun.....or not!

News :

17:58
Update V1.0.130
Community Announcements - Larian_Octaaf

Hi everyone,

This update mostly brings some overdue fixes on the code and balancing side of things, although there are some small improvements to UI as well. Several story and ganeplay fixes have also been incorporated.

We've also done some re-balancing in the Dark Forrest area, which should hopefully make things a little more difficult.

You can check out the full changelist below:

V1.0.130:

Code fixes:

Leech only works in your turn
Rotation corruption fix in savegames
Unique object fix
Allow resurrect skills when vision is blocked
Added level names to localization
Added combination stats to loca parser
Added journal to loca parser
Fixed loca parsing paths
Localization of secrets fixed
Fixed bleeding damage scale
Next character in UI follows order of the character chain
Localized level names in lobby
No more invisible armour after character creation
No more double dialog log line after load
Ability, talent and stat tooltips in character creation take level into account
Fixed combinations with skulls, bones and sinew
Fixed henchman rotation in henchman ui
Updated Iggy, support for a fallback font
Fixed faulty dialog cleanup
Fixed bad savegame crash, now throws an error
Updated Troll and deamon voices to be more brutal
Tuned texture streamer to fix some objects using a lower resolution than needed
Texture streamer is more responsive now
Fixed players not getting the kick or refused connection message
Fixed character "walking through walls" when experiencing connection problems

Mac specific:

Fixed story random problem
Fixed memory crash
OpenGL experimental mode
Fixes to OpenGL renderer
Using ‘Terminal’ app you can now enable following tweaks:
1) Precise mouse tracking for low-end systems and for ‘touch’ to click functionality: defaults write com.larian.dos DelayMouseClicks -bool true
2) Completely disable any ‘bleeding’ notification centre popups: defaults write com.larian.dos DisablePopups -bool true
3) Enable performance GL tweaks: defaults write com.larian.dos EnableExperimentalGL -bool true

User Interface:

Added sorting in trade UI
No graphical artefact in scrolling of saveload, options, ...
Player portraits chain fix
Panel position reset fix
Improved long text visibility in dropdown menus
Enlarged container UI limit

Story and gameplay:

Made summons a bit less interesting for default targeting (AI)
Totem should not debuff specializations
Clarified error message during character creation when you don't have required skills or talents
Fixed end dialog on some dialogs
Added sound effect to burning ship
Fixed quest lose condition of burning ship
Removed burning status when ship is destroyed
Fixed the gossip keyword
Fixed philospohy of death, book and quest
Fixed Snorri tomb icon
Moved William water well, he got back at the wrong location
Fixed the prison key, it used to lie on the ground but now it's in the guards pocket
Hiberheim watcher synchronizaiton fix, the trap is always in sync now
Lawrence and Nadia dialog fix
Removed Free personality, changed Spirit to Free Spirit personality
These are all combat fixes, also most DF characters have been remade with new root templates because the level override didn't always work
turn ramon's chest indestructable

Note: for story and gameplay fixes, it is possible that a new game has to be started since not all story fixes can be pushed into existing savegames.

Editor fixes:

Fixed painting terrain corruption
Fixed ai grid save problem
Fixed problem with loading certain mods
Fixed crash when entering game mode
Crash fix in script parsing

Swen tweeted, that the next patch (including the new companions) is in final testing and will most likely be released this month.

Back
Top Bottom