What is the common level cap in RPGs these days ?

There is a lot more SP games with no cap (or at least no hard level cap) than there is MMORPGs with the concept.

MMOs pretty much survive via increasing their level cap so the older the MMOs the more levels they have. Lots of SP games just have "soft cap" where the in-game content isn't enough to reach the engine limited hard level cap.

Example: Morrowind, the soft level cap is based on your character creation choices and if I remember properly none can go above level 80, but the hard level cap is 255 I believe (which means an unsigned byte in-engine).

I can't remember Neverwinter Nights games having a level cap? Or if they did I never reached it even being very completionist? & that was D&D. Was this thread about D&D? Or just general? What is this thread about again?

I just wanted to collect level caps from various RPG games in this thread. Nothing else, originally.

Oh right. Yeah, I'm not much help then as things like that aren't retained in my memory. Not to the exact number anyway. Have you tried googling?

Thanks.

Well, I thought the community knew more than me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom