My Time At Portia - Review @ Wccftech

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech checked out My Time At Portia:

My Time at Portia Review - Don't Make Me Leave

The setting of My Time at Portia really surprised me. While I was expecting another delightfully colourful and relaxing game like Stardew Valley, I wasn't expecting to see the ruins of skyscrapers looming over the horizon. My Time at Portia is a lovely game that feels capable of competing even with the titans of the genre.

If I had to try and find a comparison for My Time at Portia, I would probably say that it was the unlikely lovechild of Stardew Valley and Horizon: Zero Dawn. There was an apocalypse in this world, but what remains is a pleasant and peaceful existence in the shadows of the ruins. I've got to say it wasn't a setting that I thought would work when so much media is dedicated to showing us how bad the world would look after we've gone, but My Time at Portia's simple lifestyle simulation and hopeful message almost immediately won me over.
[...]
My Time at Portia is a beautiful, relaxing experience. With the charming art style and plenty of activities to go through, players will easily lose themselves in the game's pleasant setting for hours and hours.

Pros

• Looks amazing
  • Feels delightfully charming
  • Something for everyone
  • So much to do and see
Cons

• Bugs of every shape and size occasionally burrow up
  • Some farming products are almost completely pointless
  • Timed assignments can add stress to this most unstressful of games
Score: 8/10
More information.

Back