Heavy Rain, PC version @ Epic Store

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A few facts about this port from consoles.

The game is apparently waiting whatever rating, but the store warns it should be viewed/played by mature audience. Was made by Unreal engine which means no Nintendo Gameboy pixel "art".

Demo (two full chapters, cca an hour to complete) is available:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/heavy-rain/demo

Port seems to be good, both minimum and recommended CPU is i5, not i9. The port can be locked to 30 or 60 FPS in options.

Console versions got cca 8/10 from both critics and players on metacritic.

The most important news however:
https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...-graphics-settings-4k-performance-impressions
The game does not require a high-end PC system and plays wonderfully even with K&M.

The most important comment from that article:
QTE-heavy forced drama piece of sh*t
:D

The most impossible to confirm thing: existance of an option to disable motion blur.

The game does not require a high-end PC system and plays wonderfully even with K&M.

Im not native speaker so what did he want to say?

- that you are fine with K+M?
- that its playable with K+M even if you still dont have the superior controller?

So are you going to play this QTE heavy piece of garbage? I'm interested in it. Let me know how it goes.

If you mean me, I actually planned to buy only Detroit. However the one above is priced 10 bucks so I might budge and preorder - the problem is I can't find time to play it right away.

Missed this thread, sorry I'm late.

I really liked this game but ilm is right the garbage QTE's prevented this from being a classic. The QTEs stopped me from getting the story I wanted not because of a poor choice but because the QTEs prevented me from getting my preferred options.

I'm fine with picking wrong but when you pick right and the QTEs make you pick wrong, well for me, that was not gamer satisfaction. Yup, QTEs are not from me but this game (on the PlayStation) was heavily QTE oriented, hence some major dissatisfaction.

However, the story, art, characters, music were great. The QTEs were dreadfull. David Cage (developer) tells a tremendous story but as long as he relies on QTEs as his main game conflict factor, I simply will not play another game by him.

So my question to any one who has played the PC version, are the QTEs any easier in the PC version.

You should spend at least an hour in the mall yelling JASON!

Native English speaker here. What's K&M?

I remember seeing the trailer or a short gameplay sample for this game... about ten years ago? I must have been a new father at the time because that mall scene really shook me up. I remember wanting to try out the game, but wondering if I'd be able to handle it.

K&M = keyboard and mouse.

About Dajjer's question - as the game isn't on Steam finding a mod that would stretch QTE reaction times or completely remove them is near impossible (no PC game forum).

Thnx Jox,

DOH.

for some reason I never thought about a mod to fix the QTE thing, I simply wondered if in the coding of the PC version, it was more lame gamer friendly. Yeah and of course there is that whole Epic store thing, so there's that . . .

And @Zloth;, the thing that killed it for me was when my detective guy died. I spent way, way, way more than an hour trying, but alas failing, to get that thing right for me.

It's coming to PC? Finally! Looking forward to it. Loved Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy.

I hated this on PS3 and I will hate it on PC.

I'm sure the story is interesting, though :)

Back
Top Bottom