Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots

Default Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots

February 27th, 2020, 22:34
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I agre that it's still possible of course. (I think all the copy paste articles are a bit premature)

Another explanation for the "turn based" tab you noted: this may refer to movement mode only outside of combat. Switching between free movement and turn based. There's a few games where you can switch outside of combat, but not inside combat.

Let's see. I guess giving the players that option would be nice.
Looks like you were correct.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

February 28th, 2020, 00:48
Well, if it is indeed turn-based that just makes it more certain that I'll be buying this and praying it isn't too much like Original Sin the second.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
+1:

February 28th, 2020, 02:09
Githyanki mentioned - that's a good sign for the lore.

Nice, huge bars to put our actions in. The number at the right is a good sign, too.

Symbols on characters icons when in combat - which makes me think some could be in and some out, as in Divinity:OS.

First screen has "In Combat" at the top while the second has "Turn Based." There's also a big, blue button above all your action icons that looks very much like a pause button to me. I'm guessing this is RTWP with the option of going to/from turn based mode - much like Pathfinder:Kingmaker with its turn-based mod.

That's going to be interesting. It's normally much easier to do very precise actions in turn based mode, which makes it a lot easier. PoE 2 made you pick between turn based and real time, I think, because they needed to re-balance the game for turn based. I wonder if we're going to be asked at the start of this game if we want turn based or not? If we pick turn-based, we can still turn on real time once the battle gets to its clean-up stage?

Ah well, I'm sure I'll find out all about how it will work long before I play the game.

P.S. Barely "leaked" - these are in PC Gamer's latest article and probably other site's as well. And another article has an hour of gameplay.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Last edited by Zloth; February 28th, 2020 at 02:36.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots