Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC

D

Deleted member 18181

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/rumor-horizon-zero-dawn-coming-out-on-pc/ze14f3

Russian journalist Anton Logwinow suggested in a YouTube video that Horizon: Zero Dawn, the popular action adventure game from Guerrilla Games, which has so far only appeared on PlayStation 4, would also receive a PC version.

Anton Logwinov, a former journalist at the Russian website Igromania, which some time ago was the source of one of the leaks on the PC version of Death Stranding, said in a YouTube video that Horizon: Zero Dawn will also appear on PC. The production from Guerrilla Games would allegedly appear on PCs in February next year.

When it comes to ports2PC I usually believe rumors as basically everything gets ported eventually.
Except RDR1, but then again it's perhaps better not to ever see it on PC because Bully port remainedl crash-o-rama to this day and RDR2 port on release was almost as broken as Bethesda's Gamebryo games.

But we're talking about Columbia here.

Unless Sony's plan is to try to bait PC audience into HZD2 on PS5, I see no other logic under which would Sony loosen up the exculusivity/holdhostage of their products on PS#.
But if PC sees HZD, then we need no rumor about Spiderman and Dad of Boy - those will also go to PC.

In other words, in this particular rumor I can't believe till I see "pic it or didn't happen". ;)

On the other hand, I've written before, if HZD ever appears on PC, it's instabuy for me.

It will be instant buy for me even thought I have finished it on PS4! I can't wait to see how good it will look on PC.

H:ZD was really fun. I finished it. My biggest problem was the pacing... it's very back-loaded, exposition-wise. So much of the story is just dumped on you at the very end of the game, I got kind of bored watching all the hologram stage plays, one after the other at the end. But all in all? Great game. It's far more an action/hunting game vs. RPG, but that isn't a bad thing.

I'm sure they'll have the pacing more evened out in the sequel. Looking forward to that. I loved loved loved the tropical and desert areas; just gorgeous. The DLC was all snow and ice which I'm sick and tired of, and I didn't play it.

I think I would buy it even without K/M controls of it can be played well with a controller.

I'd need good M&K support as well. I have no problem using a controller but for a game that is range focused ( unless I'm wrong)I want the aiming precision of K&M. That's why I never picked it up for my PS4.

I don't see this being more than just a rumor. The developer, Guerrilla Games, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony, and Sony isn't known for porting their Playstation exclusives to other platforms.

I'd love it if it's true. Sony does seem to lately be more and more into bringing some of their IPs to PC. Or at least not stomping on any attempt to do so, as they seemed to do in the past.

But alas, I think HZD is just too big of a hitter for their platform, to allow to escape exclusivity.

But another interesting thing, Death Stranding uses a modified version of the HZD engine. So, maybe that's also another reason to allow it. It does seem that it's not as hard to port over to PC. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

But if I'm still day dreaming, god I'd love for them to bring Bloodborne and Last of Us to PC. Would be the best thing ever.

Well you can play Last of Us on the PC unofficially with an emulator but it's the PS3 version.

Last edited:
I'd need good M&K support as well. I have no problem using a controller but for a game that is range focused ( unless I'm wrong)I want the aiming precision of K&M. That's why I never picked it up for my PS4.

You are not wrong. I played and ejoyed it on PS4, but always fought with aiming during combat. I can imagine that with proper m+k controls this could become really stellar game to me.

But I also doubt PC release is happening for reasons already stated by others several times above.

Well you can play Last of Us on the PC unofficially with an emulator but it's the PS3 version.
Or stream it with PlayStation now, but I think that is also the low-res version.

I'm looking forward to zero Dawn on PC. Though I also see not many reasons why Sony should do it. Perhaps if they expect sales on the PC to trump the decreased console sales (minus the cost of a port). As a long term strategy however it might decrease future sales of console exclusives if people think it will come to pc anyway. Although RDR2 probably proves otherwise?

The developer, Guerrilla Games, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony...
Well frak. I suppose it's possible that Sony will wake up and smell the porting possibilities but I doubt it.

Well frak. I suppose it's possible that Sony will wake up and smell the porting possibilities but I doubt it.
They know of the possibilities and know that they can earn money from PC game sales. But porting too many games to PC makes their consoles less attractive.

That is true but PS4 is clinically dead and PS5 is expected to appear soon. In other words there is no logic not to port PS4 exclusives now.
But Sony and logic rarely go together.

That is true but PS4 is clinically dead and PS5 is expected to appear soon. In other words there is no logic not to port PS4 exclusives now.
I don't think it's that easy. The PS5 will be bought (among other reasons of course) because customers know that most of the games will be PS exclusives. If the general exclusivity decreases there's a reasons less to buy a PS5.

On the other hand, It seems a lot of people bought RDR2 both on the console and pc. Because they could not wait for the pc port (if any) and superior graphics.

But what about games that can't be played on new Playstations? If I remember right, PS4 can play PS3 games but not PS2 - so couldn't Sony start converting those to PC? Once they stop selling PS4s, could they start porting PS3 games? (Or even PS4 games if, for some reason, there's no backward compatibility at all.)

But what about games that can't be played on new Playstations? If I remember right, PS4 can play PS3 games but not PS2

it can't. ps5 is supposed to have backwards compatibility all the way to PS2 if i remember it correctly.

really overrated game imo, it's like your average ubi soft title.. very few, if any likeable characters, story is really meh, quests are super generic. great graphics though.

Back
Top Bottom