Beijing Olympics 2008 Thread!

LOL Sweden just lost a bronze medal duo to the wrestler leaving the medal cermony and throwing away the medal like trash. I think we should get the gold medal instead. Hope wrestling is removed from the olympics for all future!! This sport is much more corrupt than the chinese gouverment ever was!

M. Phelps won his seventh gold but i think with only 0.01 second ahead, that is just too close. No wonder Cavic protested. If a competitor beat you with clear margin of victory or at least IMO 2 seconds, is much easier to accept the defeat.

Canada, where I'm visiting, finally won a medal!!

M. Phelps won his seventh gold but i think with only 0.01 second ahead, that is just too close. No wonder Cavic protested. If a competitor beat you with clear margin of victory or at least IMO 2 seconds, is much easier to accept the defeat.

Indeed, just like Bolt did. Man what a finale! I think Michael Johnson world record on the 200m can be beaten by this guy.

Good news from the Belgium side now: we got a 4th place (best result so far) in the Skiff. And also good news from the soccer team: we beated Itally and go to the semi finals. I admit we got a little help from the ref now. Kinda equals the ref we got in our group stage against Brasil.

LOL Sweden just lost a bronze medal duo to the wrestler leaving the medal cermony and throwing away the medal like trash. I think we should get the gold medal instead. Hope wrestling is removed from the olympics for all future!! This sport is much more corrupt than the chinese gouverment ever was!
There's almost no subjectivity to scoring in Olympic wrestling. Was it Greco or freestyle? It would be extremely difficult to cheat the scoring, unlike supremely subjective sports like gymnastics or diving.

oh by the way yesterday Romania won another gold medal! at the feminine caiac (spelling? I am talking about those boats)

Was it Greco

Greco - roman , and very easy to cheat in that sport, the referee has full control to decide who wins. But this time he gave the italian a point for NOTHING.

The same swedish wreslter was cheated last year. It was proved the referee was bribed by over 1 million, and the referee was not allowed to judge for 2 years. But the winner got to keep the gold medal.

The year the cheating was even more obvious though. Horrible to watch.

Last edited:

Yep. Honestly, Čavić is taking it all pretty well - I know I'd be seriously annoyed if something like that happened.

Yep. Honestly, Čavić is taking it all pretty well - I know I'd be seriously annoyed if something like that happened.
Yeah, but the only one he should be annoyed with is himself ... he had it but managed to toss it away by gliding in and lifting his head. I'm happy for Phelps, but sad for this guy.

YES!!! We have a gold and a silver medal. Tia Hellebaut won the High Jump for women. Vlasic was undefeated since the European Championship (lost against Hellebaut), but today her reign came to an end. Fantastic!
The other medal is the one from our 4*100m relay women. Our female athletics team rules!
With a very good race of the men 4*100m (our fastest runners started the race and the slowest ended) with a 5th place in a new NR, a soccer team that gets the 4th place, I now can say you have to wait till the end before you can form your conclusion.

Last edited:
And AUSTRALIA ends the Chinese domination of the Diving!! :D

I think the most impressive Australian performances I have seen have been the mens pole vault (on ya copper top) and Anna Meares with the pursuit- to think at the beginning of the year she was not walking, only just qualified, was nearly found medically unfit and kicked off the team and then she won a silver medal.
There have been some amazing performances this year, and good on India for the first Olympic gold in 28 years (rifle shooting). It's great to see all the competitors, and especially some of the really young people who will be spurred on by their experience at this years Olympics and be older and fitter for London in 2012.
I think it's amazing to even qualify to be at the Olympics.
If I could win a gold medal in any Olympic event it would have to be the winter olympics marathon shooting. I think it is unbeliveable how these athletes can ski so fast to a target, slow their heartrate and hit the bullseye and keep going to the next target. If only making spreadsheets was an Olympic sport, or tolerating a cat sitting on your head, or drinking the most coffee in an hour... I could be an Olympian.

I love Bolt saying he gets up late and eats chicken nuggets... diet of champions! I can now eat McNuggets and convince myself it is part of a fitness plan.

What's the best fruit? Apples, oranges, or pears!! You can't compare different athletes from different disciplines and different eras.

Apples. Thes best athlete of all time is a lot harder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom