Dragon Age 2 - First Web Review, Console Auto-Attack Info

How much does bioware care about reviews? Reviews dont sell games. If they only care about money then what matters is how much the sequel is going to make. And it might make more than the first especially if it was cheaper to produce. Even if the reviews are not as good.

Believe it or not , some people care a lot about reviews

I even have a buddy, that dont want to play the game , even if it was recommended to him by friends. Because it got bad reviews at metacritic

It strikes me as funny and a bit suspect that so many AAA titles like Oblivion, Mass Effect 1+2, Dragon age etc come out and receive absolutely perfect reviews and can do no wrong, but 6 months to a year later are garbage or crap in the eyes of so many. We all know that 80-90 % of sales are in the first month of most games. Is the industry (and I include all game sites in this) as a whole just prone to the hype of the next shiny thing out there? In support of this all the AAA games are staggering their releases so there are weeks or even months between release so the hype of one does not interfere with the hype of another.
Kind of makes a person want to wait a bit before he jumps in to "the next best RPG".

What it proves is that you have to go into every day one review with a healthy dose of cynicism and critical thought. If the title of the article proclaims it to be the second coming of Christ, then, maybe you skip it.

What's this "auto-attack", actually ? I mean - how is it working ?

What's this "auto-attack", actually ? I mean - how is it working ?

If I'm getting my facts straight, when you hit the attack button, the character attacks until either he, or the enemy, is dead. Only base attacks, no special attacks. Apparently, this function has been disabled on consoles?

Which = repeatedly hitting the AWESOME button.

Oh, thanks.

So the "auto attack button" = the "awesome button" ?

Some thing else that strikes me as a bit suspect with Dragon Age 2 was the "you must pre-order by January to get all these goodies but the info about the game - especially the PC version - was pretty thin. I think a wait and see attitude is best for this game, it will all shake out in 6-12 months and who knows it might be good after all.

Which = repeatedly hitting the AWESOME button.
I think awesome-button is the special attack? In the demo it sliced the enemy into pieces with one click. They could improve it though. The way slicing happened was same everytime. Too much repetition.

Some thing else that strikes me as a bit suspect with Dragon Age 2 was the "you must pre-order by January to get all these goodies but the info about the game - especially the PC version - was pretty thin. I think a wait and see attitude is best for this game, it will all shake out in 6-12 months and who knows it might be good after all.
With the age of DLC waiting for Game of the Year is propably always the best option. I should have done it with DA2 even though I got it cheap. Now I have to pay seperately for all the pieces.

I'm assuming when people use the AWESOME button as a reference in video games, it means the button that makes your character do some kind of ridiculously acrobatic animation, all your enemies explode in clouds of blood, and all the females on screen get naked and start doing it.

I guess the defect on consoles is that you have to spam the attack button, or else your characters just stand around doing nothing.

Talk about a tactical game!

I would PAY to see someone beat DA2 with the oldschool Atari 2600 joystick.

This one?

STC-Arcade.jpg

Because we used that for Commodore 64 and it's the best-made piece of electonics ever made. Also, a stick and one button. Why is everyone talking about "dumbing down" games on consoles? :)

This one?

STC-Arcade.jpg

Because we used that for Commodore 64 and it's the best-made piece of electonics ever made. Also, a stick and one button. Why is everyone talking about "dumbing down" games on consoles? :)
Tac2 was the better version
Normal_tac2.jpg
X-20110207103640265.jpg

Btw they actually sell that joystick for pc with inbuilt games. Developed by one charming young woman who visited assembly in Finland year or two back.

Yes, I read about that woman, too.
I was blewn away by the fact that she did it alone !

This is standard day 1 review material guys, don't act surprised :) I'll wait a couple months, after which there should be a Gamebanshee review or even maybe a general consensus around these parts if the bickering ever fades.

Certainly not buying it at $60 though, sans any of the 40,000 DLC packs yet to come.

I'm assuming when people use the AWESOME button as a reference in video games, it means the button that makes your character do some kind of ridiculously acrobatic animation, all your enemies explode in clouds of blood, and all the females on screen get naked and start doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs

Come Dragon Age 3 all the sites will be running retrospectives on why they didn't really like Dragon Age 2, but number 3 has solved all the problems and will be the best game evah.

I've got more patient as I get older so will wait for the Ultimate edition, if I get it (which I probably will). I also have a colossal backlog of other games, including DA:O - right now I'm determined to beat the HoMM2: Price of Loyalty campaigns :)

This is standard day 1 review material guys, don't act surprised

Not really. These reviews are trending towards the negative, they are very low-scoring for day one reviews and many of them include absolute barrages of negative notes.
Jeux Video
The simplification of the gameplay system was expected, but it was supposed to enable a more epic adventure, served with a fascinating history and spectacular staging, which is not really the case. Between the little care given to quest, incessant fighting in recycled environments, inability to negotiate out of strategic clashes and the mediocrity of the French localization, it isn't even at the level of Awakening, but a big, uninspired DLC. Fans of role playing tactics should turn with no hesitation to the latest Drakensang, rather than endorse this debacle, which is in serious competition with Gothic 4 for worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

Apropos to funny youtube videos

Wow, that's really quite a damning review! And only 12/20 as a score... They definitely didn't like it at all!

Back
Top Bottom