The Protector--Anyone in Europe Heard about This Game?

magerette

Hedgewitch
While news hunting this morning I came upon this announcement at IGN concerning an "action shooter" from a Polish dev called Gingerbread Studios. I can't play many shooters because of motion sickness and lack of twitch skills issues, but this one has an interesting plot premise*, and made me wonder if anyone had heard of the game or developers.

*Well, either interesting, or maybe really silly:

Gingerbread describes The Protector as a "first/third person shooter featuring visceral action, tense, tactical stealth and an enthralling storyline." The Protector's protagonist is "hardened British mercenary" Jonathan Kane who is reunited with his ex-lover Jennifer Guile.

She happens to be a beautiful U.S. archaeologist and is mixed up in some dirty business with a terrorist organization called Scarlet Vengeance which is pursuing dangerous Mayan artifacts which are probably capable of destroying the world. That's where Kane steps in.

well i'm not from europe but my curiousity was peaked over the weekend when i saw it on gamershell. its on my radar, and i love the fact that one of the characters is scarlet vengengce as one of my close friends from college is scarlet. who in fact i promised if i ever got the chance to make a movie, she would would be the star as a badass agent, ala 'long kiss goodnight' etc. and yes she is a woman you don't want to piss off.

No I haven't

@c.u.--I think the character is called Jennifer. Scarlet Vengeance, while a MUCH better player character name imo also, is the terrorist group in the mix.

@Alrik--well, it's supposed to be brand new. After the Witcher, I guess I just get excited when I see the words "Polish developer." ;)

lol, I see. ;)

No, I haven't heard of it, but I must admit that I don't reads gaming magazines only very rarely nowadays, becauzse they consist to 90 % of games involving shooting of any kind, so to say. ;)

Mostly WWII games, and so on.

All of the games I loved have died out.

But I should stop ranting now, or I'll go on forever ... ;)

heres to hoping then its a terrorist faction that is joinable like the NSF in Deus Ex

Back
Top Bottom