Where's Dhruin?

I don't want to sound morbid. but in past online communities I have known too many people who passed away. Brr. It makes me uneasy because I kind of knew them personally and they died young, due to cancer, car accidents, etc.

The downside of anonymity

I don't want to sound morbid. but in past online communities I have known too many people who passed away. Brr. It makes me uneasy because I kind of knew them personally and they died young, due to cancer, car accidents, etc.

The downside of anonymity

People are dying and suffering in droves every single day. I don't think me not knowing them makes that any less sad.

So, I tend not to fret about these things without a very good reason. Not posting on a board like this is not what I would consider a good enough reason.

Obviously, though, you have a stronger emotional connection with people you actually know and care about. This is something I can only really have with people I've actually met - so that I know the real person rather than their internet persona, which can often be completely different.

I've never been big on investing in fantasy people.

But such is how we all differ.

When I encountered Dhruin in Original Sin, I came straight to this thread.

Perhaps Larian contacted him about the role of his character and he's deliberately hiding from these forums to make it seem like he really has been taken into the Divinity world, lol.

Of course I've never met him on these forums but he seemed a decent enough sort in Original Sin!

Last edited:
Maybe one of the expensive telescopes work? I have to try this...

No. I had one on me, didn't help. Those are crafting only unless there is a secret spot to use one.

Maybe Dhruin knows :)

Well, this is rather embarrassing to be honest- but thank you all for the concern. The truth is quite mundane, unfortunately. I feel a bit silly putting it in writing but my father passed away, I moved, changed to a demanding job, got married...and just needed a break. I'm guessing it doesn't make a lot of sense but time sort of just got away from me.

It does make sense and I'm glad everything is all right.
Pop in sometimes again.

Welcome back, Dhruin!

Sorry for your loss and congratulations for finding a life partner.

Good to see you, Dhruin :) . And sorry about your father but congrats on the marriage and the new job (at least I hope the "more demanding" was meant in a positive way as in mo' moneh, too ;) ).
Also, that part about the "break" sounds awfully familiar. Have a good one!

Glad to see you are doing well :) Hopefully you find some time to poke your nose in here every now and then....as everyone else said condolences on your father, but grats on your marriage :)

Back
Top Bottom