Hideo Kojima - Starts His Own Studio

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Hideo Kojima quit Konami to start his own studio, Kojima Productions. His new title is an entirely new franchise (not Metal Gear) and will be exclusive to PS4 and PC.

hideo_kojima11.jpg

Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami, it's been confirmed. He leaves to open a new independent studio - Kojima Productions - where he will work in collaboration with Sony on a console exclusive PS4 title.

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Kojima. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

UPDATE: Sony has released an official FAQ providing more details on Kojima's next game, confirming that it will also be heading to PC following its PS4 debut.
More information.

More information.

This is the reason why Konami wouldn't let him attend an award show last month where he was supposed to receive an honorary award for the Metal Gear series.

So good for him and hopefully his new game is different then his past games.

Last edited:
I bet he had to use some stealth tactics to escape from Konami prison colony. :p

It's a shame that Konami is just a lifeless shell of what it once was. When I was a kid, they made great games like Contra and the Castlevania series (anyone here who likes platformers or action RPGs and hasn't played Castlevania: SotN needs to do so naow), and when I was a teen they made Suikoden. There was were plenty of other awesome games too, many good memories.

Now Konami just wants to make pachinko machines and crappy mobile games…sigh. Also, how they've treated Kojima as of late is just inexcusable, IMO. *smh*

Sooo...it's silly and it derails the topic a bit, but...I gotta post it...

9SE3QlT.png

Nothing wrong with a silly gif now and again.

I'm very pleased for him. It's good to see the actual talent having such recognition that they can become their own brand, and escape the likes of Konami. I suspect he could make some excellent games.

Also, del Toro seems to really like him, so perhaps they could still do something interesting together.

Not sure why is this brought as news on RPGwatch since Kojima is not making RPGs…

Oh wait. I know.
Someone tipped Aubrielle on PCGamer's GOTY choice.

The game they crowned is good, the game is fun, the game engine is polished so it looks awsome and performs smoothly even on machines way below minimum requirements. Singleplayer campaign is awsome, with exception of rehashed main missions that appear in chapter 2 and many sidemissions are repetitive (not all though!).

But then Narnia patch appeared. Your resources, materials, vehicles, weaponry and etc, get transported to Narnia where you can't use them. Unless - online.
And that online part is designed as Travian2. You get attacked and plundered any time, online or offline. To prevent it, the publisher also sells so called insurance through microtransactions. Basically - sells cheats.
Because of that, I thumbed that game down on Steam.

Seems PCGamer loves to buy cheats.

P.S. You can play the game offline and finish it that way, just as I did. Twice. You can even get to100% by playing just offline. I did.
But the audience is actually not aware of that and is carefully "persuaded" into keeping the game in online mode.

Back
Top Bottom