Raven's Cry

So today's the day. Store page is up. Game will unlock in ~5 hours.

Topware still didn't send out keys to us who are eglible for free upgrade. Okay, it's not a release moment yet, also I've already posted on official steam forum I won't be playing it immediately (fallout4 reason), but...

While there's still time and I won't be jumping on the game right away, dunno why am I so impatient when it comes to this particular game.

nvm tried it for 30 minutes, game is crap from combat, animations to voiceacting and they even have a lock on cutscenes; i wonder how the original game was if this they call improved :lol:

Eh?
Sorry, I'm not gonna start it before I'm done with FO4. I didn't even check my e-mail for the free upgrade key yet.

I tried it for a little while and my impressions:

It's not good.

Ugly, clunky, bad writing, horrible cutscenes, bad voice acting, awkward combat and unresponsive interface.

Oh well, I was hoping for more.

Hum.. what are your specs?

i7-5820, 16gb DD4 2666, MSI 980 TI Gaming

Game was smooth until I entered the first town - and I experienced FPS drops to low 30s. Considering how average the game looks, that just wasn't acceptable to me.

But, ok, I didn't give the game much of a chance. It's just that nothing about it stood out as worth my time.

I usually spend time tweaking any new game - and I can usually get smooth performance without sacrificing much in terms of visuals.

Didn't bother with this game, so maybe it can be tweaked.

Just didn't have a good feeling about it.

I really really don't want to know much before I start it but couldn't resist to peek on steam forum just to see what's going on.

There is a sticky thread for all those who played the game at least a bit and are sharing their impressions.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/386280/discussions/0/492378265892735095/
Breezing through (please someone go in details because I'm unsure if I got everything correctly) basically comes down to this:

- Visuals are generally the same
- Inventory is improved
- Lipsync is not pitch perfect
- Some animations feel like extreme feeling expressions from anime
- Many issues corrected (didn't see a list which would those be)
- Plenty of new quests added
- Added filler trashmobs suck (animals which were not present in the original game)
- Shipbattles are still super fun
- Groundbattles still suck (the cause was bad AI in the original game, dunno here)
- On the same machine where the original had no performance issues, EE has FPS drops

I've also found this post:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/386280/discussions/0/492378265886266192/#c492378265890524841
My benchmark resulted in 75 - 92 Fps, but ingame is much lower and stutters quite often. To make matters worse, I have to run the game in a window (fullscreen repeatedly crashes for some reason) and windowed mode drops the frames to around 40 Fps at best.
i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz
MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6GB @1440p
16GB ram
ASRock Z97 Extreme6
Samsung 850 EVO Series 1TB SSD
And I bet this is a result of Steam Overlay that should be turned off in such case.

The above specs are nearly identical to what I have in my rig, and I can run TW3 on Ultra settings at close to 60fps.

It sounds like this game is still horribly un-optimized.

Dunno, but as I said the cause could easily be Steam overlay.
If it is, I dunno why it wasn't disabled by the game itself exactly like FO4 does.

All I know I won't be doing the game for at least a week so can't confirm nor deny anything. Some people can shuffle a few games, I just can't concentrate when I try to do that (except a match or two in League of Legends just to clear my head).

Back
Top Bottom