Deathfire - Update #14, More Rewards

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In the latest update for Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore we get news of more rewards, a new Q&A, and a music video.

Keep the Fire Burning!

As the remaining days in our campaign are ticking down, I would like to encourage you to keep the momentum going and, perhaps, help us reach out to new potential backers. There are still countless fans of traditional role-playing games out there who have never heard of “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” and even with the best press coverage, we can only reach so many of them. But they are out there. Let’s find them. Let’s engage them. Let’s turn them into backers!

We have reworked our Kickstarter pitch video on the main page, and added it to the campaign yesterday. Getting away from the hard-core approach of listing core features, this new video has a more conversational tone, relating some of the features in the game in a fashion that is hopefully better relatable for more casual players.

Please take a look, and feel free to share the video with anyone you can think of. At this time we truly need to rally all of our supporters and make sure we get the word out. Post information about “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” on the message boards you frequent — and make sure to tell people that it is not a dungeon crawler, while you’re at it. Talk to your friends. Post it on your Facebook, and tweet about it. Perhaps even help us find groups and message boards that are home specifically to players of traditional RPGs, and then try to let them know about our project. In the end, it will be in all of our best interest, because together we will be able to create a potential classic!

New rewards

Yes, we have even more rewards in store for you, and one of them is, in fact, music-related. I know that many “Realms of Arkania” players really enjoyed the music of the games and I am very happy to see that the soundtracks I made have turned out so timeless. Therefore, I have decided to re-record a number of my tracks from the “Star Trail” and “Shadows Over Riva” soundtracks and release them as a Kickstarter reward. This is not simply a remastering of the original tracks or some such. Instead I will completely redo these tracks, rework the arrangements and re-record them with the technology that is available to me today.

Starting at the $50 PAINTERLY EDITION level, every backer will receive a digital copy of this newly recorded “Realms of Arkania” soundtrack, and all backers of the $100 MOUSER EDITION and higher will also receive a CD version of the soundtrack as part of their rewards package.

Aside from this, we have another cool new bonus for you. We are creating a beautiful Beastiary for the game. It is a book that features pages and pages of finely crafted illustrations of monsters from the game, along with descriptions, background information and additional details relating to the creature in the game. It will be a beautiful compendium and the perfect accompaniment to the game.

How about some music?

As many of you may know, back in the day, I was the one who composed and recorded the music for the “Realms of Arkania” game “Shadows over Riva,” as well as for about half of the “Star Trail” soundtrack.

I want to share something with you today that is very special to me. Andreas Maria Marcus is a very talented classical guitar player who has for some time already recorded pieces from “Star Trail” with his acoustic guitar — along with tunes from a few other games. He has re-arranged these pieces and turned them into YouTube videos.

His latest effort is the title track from “Star Trail,” which I had originally composed and arranged for a complete orchestra. In this video Andreas has re-arranged the track for two guitars, both of which he is playing himself.

I feel incredibly humbled and flattered by Andreas' obvious appreciation of my music and the effort he puts into creating his own versions. Take a look and enjoy!
More information.

I played RoA when Sir tech released the trilogy in a single box along with Wiz Gold and Druid. RoA is probably my favorite CRPG series, but don't remember the music being all that great. Was it?

Back
Top Bottom