Kingdom Come - Reviews

That is plain idiocy. The game is supposed to be actual medieval europe setting, not some fantasy just because.

I know, but to the social justice warrior church, historical accuracy doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is putting as many people "of color" in all forms of entertainment, because that is so "noble", fights white supremacy(in their minds), and makes them feel good about their self-righteousness too...anyway.

Well instead of bullshitting on internet just because someone tried to stick with facts, she can make her own game with as much diversity as she wants.
If only she had guts to make something. It's easier to go trolling.

The game is supposed to be actual medieval europe setting, not some fantasy of hers just because.

Whatever, that author is some ignorant and blind idiot. There are no asians in the game either and of course there aren't as there are not supposed to be any historically, but who cares about asians, she noticed there are no black people, OMG, burn the game on stake. Whatta joke.

Cumans and Tatars are technically Asians (of the Turkic-Mongol variety). They were pushed back toward the Balkans/Europe by other Mongol tribes back then.

I haven't seen any Tatars in the game. Cumans in the game are not asians and shouldn't be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumans#Genetics
A genetic study done on Cuman burials in Hungary determined that they had substantially more western Eurasian mitochondrial DNA lineages

If it matters, and I've said it previously, I have a soft spot for asians. But that doesn't mean I'll spit on a product that doesn't include any just because of that.

I know, but to the social justice warrior church, historical accuracy doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is putting as many people "of color" in all forms of entertainment, because that is so "noble", fights white supremacy(in their minds), and makes them feel good about their self-righteousness too…anyway.

One thing you will notice is with SJW warriors they see everything through a political lens...it's how they define themselves. It really is their "Religion", which is why they won't EVER listen or change their view even when proven factually wrong.

I like the limited saves. I have always felt it was too easy in games to just save prior to something dangerous and it really kills the suspense. Saving on exit should be there though. I like how mount & blade warband had this where you could choose to play that way and could only save on exit.

I backed the game, but am waiting 6 months for patching to play. It's my gaming rule. Don't really see the point in playing on release as you always get a kich better more complete game if you wait. Cheaper too!

I haven't seen any Tatars in the game. Cumans in the game are not asians and shouldn't be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumans#Genetics

Sigismund's Tatars are mentioned a few times at the beginning of the game.

You might want continue reading the excerpt from the book: " Nevertheless, the grave artifacts are typical of the Cumanian steppe culture; and five of the six skeletons that were complete enough for anthropometric analysis appeared Asian rather than European (Horváth 1978, 2001), including two from the mitochondrial haplogroup H, which is typically European."

The saving "controversy" is really irritating to me.
I don't think that's the controversy. There's something about one of the leads being a GamerGate type or some such. I haven't bothered to look it all up.

Dragging modern-day politics into your review of the game is a really stupid thing to do. I normally like Eurogamer reviews, too, but this particular reviewer apparently couldn't put aside his personal house of morality cards. The characters and their behaviors that I have seen in my time in the game so far have been appropriate for the game's time period.

Stupid reviews aside, I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would. It doesn't surprise me if many people don't like this game so much for legitimate reasons, which are probably many of the same reasons I like the game. It is slower and a bit more subtle than most games. If you can't revel in being an average Joe in medieval Europe, who has to bathe and eat and learn to read and walk his beat on the night watch, then I don't recommend this game to you. Boring? It depends upon your perspective. Personally, I think all of those things are great.

This game is really polarizing, with people who just don't like it and people who love it. I think the fact that the game is mostly historical turns a lot of people off. It's like playing an RPG where you are a citizen of a village in China during the Ming Dynasty, or a villager in a Nigeria around 2600 BC. If you aren't in love with history then it just doesn't sound like fun.

The combat looked OK but not a must-buy either.

The game looks like it's targeting people who really really love historical Europe.

It's like playing an RPG where you are a citizen of a village in China during the Ming Dynasty, or a villager in a Nigeria around 2600 BC.

Great ideas. I'd play those.

i hate the main character 1
2 i hate the control i have over main characters choices and philosophy

these are very important for me be it game , movie or whatever.

other than that, my only criticism is with some scripting and long unstimulating quests of walking and shit

the rest is pretty stellar

6.5/10

PS. Skyrim is 5

If you remember guys SJWs criticized Witcher 3 for exactly the same reason. And TW3 has all sorts of non-human races. But that wasn't enough.

SJWs? What a confusing and boring label. You all just mean those people who have a different opinion than you on anything that is even remotely related to a social construct, right?

The ask is just to keep the liberal BS out of the video game review. Seems fair.

And the ask from the other side is to be able to mention diversity with out being labeled SJW. Also, seems fair.

Yes this particular thread is about a review but the SJW label is rampant on the internet.

-Include a transgender character in your game and your SJW.
- question why a game doesnt have more ethnic people or any transgender or gay people and your SJW.
- question why a game is 95% white males with women portrayed as prostitutes or servents and your SJW.
- comment that you wish there were more gay or transgendered playable characters and your SJW. And on and on.

SJW has become a catch all label for anyone thats tired of the status qua and would like to see some race and gender diversity in games.

Its funny no one syas anything if someone wants elves and dwarves in a game but more black people or different gender identities and out comes the SJW label.

More people need to look at things from other peoples perspective. Imagine if 99% of playable characters were black lesbians. Would you not be posting then that you wish there were more white male characters? And would it not be more than a little irritating if you were the. Just labeld SJW and told to shut up?

Sure some people have agenda, but not all do and lumping them all together, labeling them SJW and ignoring or worse demeaning them just isn't right.

Some people have no SJW agenda they would just like some more diversity and some player characters they can identify with. Something that many enjoy and take for granted. Seems fair.

Sorry, i know this is way off topic, but im just so sick of the SJW label i could puke and i needed to vent.

If a moderator feels this is too off topic or shouldnt be here feel free to move or delete it.

IMO all you said is not offtopic here but misses the point.
We weren't talking about random posters and comments. We were talking about a certain reviewer who didn't care about what the game is trying to be, but based her judgment (and score) on the political corectness of ingame content.
It's not common folk, it's a professional reviewer.

The game is trying to be an adventure of a commoner in medieval setting. I mean, when was the last time you saw a professional reviewer rating a movie or a book and saying "here's 4/10 because it's slapstick comedy and not victorian horror".
If that's not enough, where was this same reviewer saying for example Duke Nukem is KKK game so there you go 4/10. A game that wasn't even trying to recreate some history setting.

About wishes for fantasy elements in this game, there were already posts about planned Game of Thrones mod.

Last edited:
More people need to look at things from other peoples perspective. Imagine if 99% of playable characters were black lesbians. Would you not be posting then that you wish there were more white male characters? And would it not be more than a little irritating if you were the. Just labeld SJW and told to shut up?

You completely missed the point.
You just repeat nice propaganda about simple "demand for diversity" while in fact these ppl do much worse things out of proportion and dont listen to anything.

Sorry, i know this is way off topic, but im just so sick of the SJW label i could puke and i needed to vent.

So you can hopefully imagine how other ppl are sick of the racist label (and similar labels) just because they based their work on different idea / lore / cultural background etc. And without any respect to knowledge that ties to this idea. This is IMHO much worse. And if you do imagine it then you will hopefully understand why players are annoyed so much that they start to strike back and use labels too (which is not the best reaction but understandable one in such cases).

lol, I didn't know what SJW meant until today :) I guess I don't keep up with political stuff very well, nor media for that matter.

KCD is a game I know I'll revisit. It's not grabbing me right now, but I think it might improve over time. Henry bores me and so do most of the NPC's. I'm glad that there are people who enjoy it more than I do because you can tell the devs care. That's why I went ahead and bought the game.

As far as the religious stuff, it is mostly just in the greetings as far as I can tell. Lord Bless you, Henry. God's Bless, Henry, etc. There are also more down to Earth things too, like when Henry and his dad are checking out Theresa's "walk". :D

As soon as Theresa gets the CBBE treatment, I'll be back :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom