Most favourite prequel/sequel/successor

Yeah, a general game discussion forum perhaps. On the other hand we aren't that many regular posters, to have a sub-forum for everything would be a bit much.

Y'now, someone should start one of those. There's been continuous pressure from a former lurker on RPGDot on it. They can even get DTE to moderate it!

We can start a new thread for games that are not RPG's. That disappointing thread is for anything but games but it seems to be derailed.

This topic is half fun memories, half puzzle! IWD... Independence War... nah, that isn't it, no D and not an RPG. Oh, Icewind Dale!

Witcher 3 for my favorite with Baldur's Gate 2 and Final Fantasy 7 both close seconds. (Though by 7 it's really more of a franchise entry than any kind of sequel.)

You mean as a base improvement on the main game? Shadow of War looks to take Shadow of Mordor to a new level. My favorite reinvention of an older PC game Alice: Madness Returns. I think it was exponentially better than the original title, and received underwhelming ratings.

Y'now, someone should start one of those. There's been continuous pressure from a former lurker on RPGDot on it. They can even get DTE to moderate it!

We can start a new thread for games that are not RPG's. That disappointing thread is for anything but games but it seems to be derailed.

I should be embarrassed now shouldn't I? Can I blame Dart? I honestly have never seen that sub-forum before...

Heroes Might and Magic 2 was a great step up from HoMM. Then HoMM3 was even better then 2. Gothic 2 was great. Skyrim and Civ 4 would round out top 5.

Might and Magic 2 and M&M6 were my favorite Might and Magics. Wizardry 8 was my favorite Wizardry though the first Wizardry is fantastic and the first crpg I ever played.

Bards Tale 4 I have high hopes for. Not sure which I liked better of the 2 Wastelands. Also, have high hopes for Mount and Blade II. Will have to be great to beat the first one.

Diablo 2 was better then 1.

My favorite reinvention of an older PC game Alice: Madness Returns.
I found the game itself to be a bit blah but the art! WOW! Especially in stereoscopic 3D. Got some really good screenshots in that one.

I should be embarrassed now shouldn't I? Can I blame Dart? I honestly have never seen that sub-forum before…

1155 posts and you never noticed it? You must have! You just don't remember.

I'm surprised they didn't have something like it on the Dot and its proved its worth IMO.

I thought of putting this thread there, but I wanted to keep it focused on RPG's. It goes to show Dart's different kind of thinking if he feels this doesn't belong here. I had thought that maybe he made a mistake with the other one.
--
Let's see if I can think of another great sequel. How about XCom: Terror from the Deep?

I tried to think of something that wasn't an improvement on an already good game, which is what most of my favourite sequels would be, but one game that came from a below par original is...

Assassin's Creed 2

The original was a really interesting idea poorly implemented. AC2 took that good idea and implemented it brilliantly.

Windows 7

DOS 9 ... Oh, wait, that was Satire ...

Back
Top Bottom