The Detail, a crime noir adventure, on steam now

Naster

Stealthy
Hey guys!

I'm part of a Finland based indie game dev studio and we just released our first game on Steam that I think might appeal to some of you.

It's a very story-focused adventure game taking place in a modern crime-ridden city. It has comic book inspired art style, multiple protagonists, and we've put a heavy emphasis on offering the player choices with consequences.

If you like recent games by Telltale Games I think you'd also enjoy this game.

Steam Page Here

Some shots of the game in action:

img3.jpg

img6.jpg

img8.jpg

I am not fan of episodic games, I play them but I prefer one big game so that is minus from me right from the start.That being said I am intrigued by the game and I love comic book art style.

So here are my questions.

1.How many episodes will game have?
2.When will they be released?

Sorry, but if it means you've been inspired by Telltale games, does it mean you're keeping puzzles and freedom of exploration to a minimum, and are including choices which do not really affect the outcome of the story? I know many people have been very disappointed at these decisions, including myself.

Our game indeed is very focused on the interactive storytelling aspect and only features some light puzzle elements. It's all about stepping into the shoes of the protagonists, making tough choices and living with the consequences.

It's also not an open world kinda game with lots of freeform exploration but means to tell a more crafted story - while still leaving room for the player to roleplay and make meaningful decisions.

Our game is quite dialog heavy, and because of this not every single player decision will have huge world-altering effects, but I think that most choices will have some effect in the game world - some smaller, some larger. There are always some realities to how much story branching you can create in a game, but I think our game is one of the more reactive ones out there.

Sounds intriguing, I'll certainly check it out!

Back
Top Bottom