VtM: Bloodlines 2 - What We Want @GameCrate

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameCrate wrote about what they want to see from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2.

Video games are often built around intense violence. In many games, it's the primary activity that you're engaged in. I'm not against that, but I think that a game about personal horror (the original VTM tagline) necessitates an exploration of the impact that violence makes on the world. Some of the best games (Spec Ops: The Line, for example) explore what happens to both the perpetrators and the victims of that violence.

To that end, there should be no disposable cannon fodder enemies in Bloodlines 2. Everyone should have a backstory. Sabbat shovelhead, random thin blood, ghoul, mind-controlled gangbanger, street cop, hired thug, whatever. Everyone is connected to someone. Everyone has a life. That can be conveyed through a wallet, a handbag, an unlocked phone full of text messages, a diary, an apartment full of personal items, or even grieving friends and family you meet.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Funny when the announcement trailer already showed us how we go through random nameless enemies. I bet the game will have as many if not more nameless cannon fodder enemies as Bloodlines 1.

need meaningful npcs, not action, not size nor length

Funny when the announcement trailer already showed us how we go through random nameless enemies. I bet the game will have as many if not more nameless cannon fodder enemies as Bloodlines 1.

The announcement trailer was not gameplay and it was produced externally by Platige Image in Warsaw with the only thing done by Paradox was recording the voice over according to them.

Before making trailers Platige asks for some ingame footage.

You may check Dishonored 2 DLC trailer or Risen 3 trailer by them that looks almost exactly as actual gameplay.
Frostpunk trailer was an exception where the trailer looks as an upcoming movie, not a game.

The moment they lost me was “While I haven’t delved too deeply into the original Bloodlines”

Um, here you go - buy the game, play it, play it again as a different character. Repeat. THEN write your shitty think piece about what they HAVE to do with the sequel ... ugh.

The announcement trailer was not gameplay and it was produced externally by Platige Image in Warsaw with the only thing done by Paradox was recording the voice over according to them.
Only thing announcement trailer did differently was the quality of the combat sequences. I am sure full game will not let you do such cool moves.

But if you read press articles about gameplay demo they were allowed to play, it is basically very similar. You destroy some human thugs in it because devs want you to feel very powerful. I am sure none of those thugs had a name and history.
And with those there will be plenty more to destroy later.

Another video interview this week

We sit down with Brian Mitsoda (Narrative Lead, Hardsuit Labs) and Christian Schlütter (Lead Producer, Paradox Interactive) to talk about the two studios collaborated to bring this 2004 cult classic out of retirement.

Back
Top Bottom