Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - About Drezen

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted a new Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter update about the fortress Drezen:

A New Dev Diary - Drezen. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Goes to Consoles!

Two impressive news at once for today!

First of all, we are ready to announce it - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is coming to consoles! The game will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S via backward compatibility later this year.

Also, a new dev diary is being released today! In this video, we will talk about Drezen - a huge fortress that will play a very special role in the upcoming adventure. It took a great amount of time and effort to build, and it influenced a lot on the whole game development process. The great fortress of Drezen - right now, on our YouTube channel:

More information.

Cool preview. A bit more spoilery than I'd like for someone like me who likes to be surprised by how the story develops, but as a massive Kingmaker fan, I couldn't resist watching it. Super excited for this one.

Cool preview. A bit more spoilery than I'd like for someone like me who likes to be surprised by how the story develops, but as a massive Kingmaker fan, I couldn't resist watching it. Super excited for this one.

Thanks! Your comment about "spoilery" made me skip this vid. I feel the same about wanting to dive right in with with very little advance knowledge.;)

Don't worry though, there's still a lot of discoveries with this city-fortress and the whole story, they haven't spoiled too much. :)

Does this release in September? After a few rounds of patches, this should be ready to go after the weather starts turning crappy here in Ohio.

Accepting the risk and playing day one. I have faith they learned their lesson with Kingmaker and will do utmost to avoid repeating it.

I never play games like this on release anymore. I'm confident it'll be a good game, but I'm sure there will be multiple patches and tweaks post-release. Hopefully it won't need to be tweaked as much as Kingmaker was.

It's always wise to wait a little while :)

When they said they'd release "Fall 2021" in end of Winter / Spring, it sounded very reasonable. When they announced Sep 2nd, I thought it was maybe a little bold. Now that they've just announced a release on consoles at the same time, I'm getting concerned (and I'm not the only one).

I'm also perplexed, since the current version of Kingmaker on consoles has performance and stability issues. That got them some flames on Twitter after this announcement. So is it a sensible move to promise that now? There must be a really good reason for them to do that.

Not worried, I'll check it out on release or a few days after. If there are still bugs, I'll just wait, this game is definitely worth it.

I might have said this before but I really need to play the first game. Probably TB, I’ll play RTWP but much prefer TB.

It's way better with TB imo, at least if you're familiar with the Pathfinder rules.

About the impact of console releases, Purple had some info and told me the PC and console teams were separate, and the KS funding is only used for the PC release.

So it shouldn't have any impact on what is done for PC, it's somewhat reassuring :)

That sounds good in theory. ;)

I'll for sure be playing this at some point, yet I've dour memories of when the first Pathfinder released, and the sad state it was in. So I will take the long approach here, and then lose myself in glorious turn-based combat!

My enthusiasm for this game is meh. I'm sure Ill play it and enjoy it just can't get hyped about it anymore. As for a bugged release that topic is getting stale, but I agree.

Something changed your mind about this game, or just too much of the same style in general?

It still has RTwP ;)
Information overload and the debates about this game on the internet.

My experience with Kingmaker wasn't positive on it's release. I referred to it as a bug filled load screen simulator. My opinion thawed with the enhanced edition and it's fixes.

I only want two things less bugs and loading screens.

Information overload and the debates about this game on the internet.

My experience with Kingmaker wasn't positive on it's release. I referred to it as a bug filled load screen simulator. My opinion thawed with the enhanced edition and it's fixes.

I only want two things less bug and loading screens.
Yep, I was lucky enough to start with the last enhanced plus edition so I didn't have to go through that (and I don't own a console).

There are as many loading screens, but they're faster :p

I'm still hyped so I can't help reporting what I see, but I know the feeling. Just ignore those news until the game is really out and stable :)

Back
Top Bottom