Diablo 2 Resurrected - Open Beta

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted that Diablo 2: Resurrected will get an open beta:

Diablo 2: Resurrected gets an open beta this weekend

Try out five classes across the first two acts.

The beta for Diablo 2: Resurrected is open to everyone this weekend.

It's already been running for nearly a week for those who've pre-ordered the game or received a key through Twitch, but this weekend will see the beta open up to all players. It'll be available in both single-player and multiplayer modes, with cross-progression between PC and consoles enabled

[...]
More information.

This looks pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of ARPGs but this is the king of them. I did love the first two Diablos back in my youth.

This looks pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of ARPGs but this is the king of them. I did love the first two Diablos back in my youth.

I got to play in the private beta for a couple of hours, and while I don't think I'll have the time to put into a game like I did when I was younger, it was indeed very very impressive how good it all looks. It pretty much captures what my mind's eye remembered. The only weird thing is that sometimes there are issues with distance closing. I'm not sure if that was in the original, or if it's only in the remastered version. Aside from this, it looks fantastic.

I really liked Diablo when it was new but bounced off D2 pretty hard. I hated how everything respawned every time you logged back in. I wasn't interested in grinding, I just wanted to play through the single-player campaign.

The remaster does look really good though. I know I've said this before, but I wish they had done something similar with StarCraft.

I would like to play it but not in time-limited weekends.
Waiting release or unlimited open beta.

I really liked Diablo when it was new but bounced off D2 pretty hard. I hated how everything respawned every time you logged back in. I wasn't interested in grinding, I just wanted to play through the single-player campaign.

This was my initial reaction, too. But I overcame it and liked the campaign and the Add-on, well except for the frigging jungle chapter.

But you must have a tough time with Hack&Slash games these days. Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Diablo 3 - all have the same save system: just character save - no world save state, except for the activated portals.

But you must have a tough time with Hack&Slash games these days. Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Diablo 3 - all have the same save system: just character save - no world save state, except for the activated portals.

Well, I've never been a big fan of the genre tbh. The only modern hack&slash I like is Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor, and that's only because I like the setting and lore enough to overlook the so-so gameplay.

Sucks to see Blizzard go from driving the industry forward with contstant innovation to seeing all the old staff and now even the "new" guys leave while the dev just re-release their old games with new skins.

Cmon, Blizzard, make a new game. MAKE A NEW GAME!! :D

Thanks. I always feel I'm the only one. I loved D1 and played it to death with my buddies back then but didn't like D2.

Sucks to see Blizzard go from driving the industry forward with contstant innovation to seeing all the old staff and now even the "new" guys leave while the dev just re-release their old games with new skins.

Cmon, Blizzard, make a new game. MAKE A NEW GAME!! :D

That ship sailed when they teamed up with Activision. Now it's all about profits, profits, profits.

I see Blizzard has decided to drop TCP/IP support, preventing people from forming their own independent multiplayer setups.

"TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game," Blizzard stated. "After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience."

:nod:

I see Blizzard has decided to drop TCP/IP support, preventing people from forming their own independent multiplayer setups.

:nod:
Yep they want everyone on their Battle.net service. They broke there promise.:(

Anyway I like Blizzard before they were sold to Activision, and before they made the Warcraft MMO. Nowadays it's a different developer and I'm indifferent to them.

Maybe make SP games that don't need an online sever account to play.:p

Back
Top Bottom