The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Tr'ed Lorakas and got to level 4....will hold there. She is inquisitive rogue.

I don't think everyone has a toon TR'd for the new alt group yet, Alrik. So that "week off" I mentioned a couple posts ago probably won't be this Friday. If you miss Friday (which is your business), my guess is that the remaining group will run some epics to focus on token farming.

Yes … I could have mixed things.
But regardless, I'm leaving this Friday out, as explained above (last weekend of an exhibition).

There is a new Patch, by the way : https://www.ddo.com/en/update-503-release-notes

Peter - Paladin
Azrael - Falconry Monk TRed
CM - Inquisitive Rogue/Breaking Hulk Hogan's Legs TRed
JM - Setting Fire to Peter WITH HER MIND but not a trapper.
Corwin - Warlock Soulstone TRed
Alrik - Scoundrel Bard Ready
Dte - Favored Soul TRed

Looks like we've got a fairly balanced group. Save JM not revealing how her pyromantic tendencies will manifest.

Since we're on a mixed alt group this week, it'll have to be either split or epics. I have no one in the heroics except Mirys at 11 and Rachail at 18, other than Mureall at 3. Probably will dredge Aerie out of retirement for an epic run.

No chance to get my Warlock past first rank of level 3, so I'll likely be behind most of you; could possibly run a few quickies after our regular Friday run with anyone available late for an extra boost if there are any volunteers. :)

No chance to get my Warlock past first rank of level 3, so I'll likely be behind most of you; could possibly run a few quickies after our regular Friday run with anyone available late for an extra boost if there are any volunteers. :)
I might be able to take you up on that. Can't make any promises but I should be able to get in game 2.5-3 hours after the session starts. Since I need to give RhoGu a little boost to keep up, it might just work out fine.

This weekend, there's a VIP xp bonus and a "buddy bonus" for xp as well :

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a Strength in Numbers Weekend! Get +5% XP for every member in your party OR raid group other than yourself through September 6th!

ALSO: VIPs get +15% XP (for a total of +25% XP) through September 8th!

ADDITIONALLY:

REMINDER that you are running out of time to claim your VIP Saltmarsh Elixir of Discovery as a VIP! Read more in the Saltmarsh FAQ and log in through September 5th.

The short answer is: make sure to claim it as VIP now! You won't be able to claim it in the future. However, once claimed, it'll be there long-term available to you as long as you can access the NPC, which means a purchase of Saltmarsh if you don't already have it.

Saltmarsh FAQ : https://www.ddo.com/en/ddo-sinister-secret-saltmarsh-faq

Are we supposed to make the new alts already now so they're ready for running at level 3?

Looks like only you and JM haven't confirmed a TR, but if you don't have time/want to/whatever, we can just as easily torment Corwin with some more epic runs and wait until we're all ready for the new alts.

Honestly, I'm not ready either; I TRed, but I have literally no gear.I TRed, used up all my XP rocks, and that was it. So I need an hour or two of crafting, which I may not have time for.

Gear???? What's Gear!!!! Isn't Korthos good enough for you? Who needs anything else? :) Wimps!! :p

Journey to Bonn was a huge success ! :)

Besides, I read somewhere in the forums, that Vorpal weapons won't drop anymore. Rumor says, because they're overpowered with having Vorpal. Means that if you got some through random loot, you should perhaps keep them.

A few items:
1) I should be around this week, meaning we should be on the mains, meaning everyone should have a couple weeks before the alts come into play at all. So there's time for people to make decisions and dust to settle.
2) For the new mains (this is a ways from now), I've got an acrobat build set up for Wouldii. So we have one of the trap monkey spots covered. While I have enough tokens to TR Wouldii now, I'm not in a big hurry. I'm assuming several folks will require lots of token farming before they can prep their next mains.
3) I've got RhoGu just into lvl4 right now. He's got a few lvl2 quests remaining, which I'll run on my own at some point. That means that the group can run new alts on 17SEP when there's a good chance I'll be out.
4) Do we want to take the current mains a few levels into epics? This will assist with token farming and also allow the alts to gain some ground before the new main group kicks off. The thought is not to have the two groups too close level-wise, both to help avoid gear overlap and also to improve variety. Don't have to decide today- just something for the group to start discussing.

Soooo, summary of what's on tap:
--10SEP: current mains run Spinner-> Wheloon1 -> partial Wheloon2 (may not complete all that in one session) -> get Alrik's key-> take toon lvl19, assuming no surprise MIAs
--17SEP: new alts tackle Harbor2s as a group (I'm 99% to be out), get toons close to or just into lvl5
--24SEP: most likely I'll be available to run, so hopefully we'll be on the mains for this session
--Thanksgiving, give or take 6 months: current mains are capped, launch new mains

And recapping my toon plans, which could shift based on group needs but probably won't:
RhoGu - new alt - evoker FvS
Phuury - current main
Wouldii - new main - acrobat rogue

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan to me, though I have no ideas about my next main; maybe I should actually run a Paladin for the first time ever!!!! :)

Sounds like a plan to me, though I have no ideas about my next main; maybe I should actually run a Paladin for the first time ever!!!! :)
I've also managed to make it this far without ever running a paladin. I think I'm OK with that. ;)

I'll definitely need some token farming; I used my last bringing Mureall back around. Given I've also used up my xp stones, I'll also actually have to run through L1 and 2 most likely. I have no idea what to run either; probably not an alchemist or trapper though.

I've got RhoGu thru all the lvl2 stuff now, so I've run all the 1&2 stuff except Korthos outside. That got me half way thru 3rd rank of lvl4 (rank 18). I guess we'll aim for that to be the approx target for everyone to get their new alt. Y'all can use 17SEP to work together to make that happen for everyone. I know the Old Man will want help getting there.

We can run Waterworks under level together when the time comes to get everyone into lvl5 and then we'll head out to Saltmarsh when the alt group runs.

Peter - Paladin
Azrael - Falconry Monk TRed
CM - Inquisitive Rogue/Breaking Hulk Hogan's Legs TRed
JM - Setting Fire to Peter WITH HER MIND but not a trapper.
Corwin - Warlock Soulstone TRed
Alrik - Scoundrel Bard Ready
Dte - Favored Soul TRed

Looks like we've got a fairly balanced group. Save JM not revealing how her pyromantic tendencies will manifest.

Since we're on a mixed alt group this week, it'll have to be either split or epics. I have no one in the heroics except Mirys at 11 and Rachail at 18, other than Mureall at 3. Probably will dredge Aerie out of retirement for an epic run.

My ancient toon Alrikadaram just invited this new alt into the guild. Her name is Karamjboulais, and the word comes from German Karambolage, which was originally a French word means : a crash. Like in the Blues Brothers movie. ;)

She is level 5, I think … it was rank 21 ? … I'm not sure aboiut that anymore.
However, I think I've never had such an optimized too. I collected everything I could get for this Iconic Level 1 Scoundrel … Even the Abishai set ! ;) Since she is level 5.

I created her during the Angel HCL season, originally, to have a mule to carry items over from there, and quickly noticed - to my surprise - that Iconic Heroes can level then from level 1 on ! - As I read elsewhere, that seems to be possible only for Iconic Heroes created on the HCL server.
However, the build is lacking a LOT in some main stats - Constitution & Dexterity, along with Intelligence & Wisdom - but has optimized that Scoundrel to a beast in everything Bardic. I mean, her Charisma is at … I think … 23, and that at level 5 !

That was only possible, because I had decided to leave her on her "path" during levelling, trying to find out what I might get. Please keep in mind that this toon was originally never intended to be a group figure, which means that I would have been changing a LOT with her stats. I think I will still have to do that. I might even break from the predefined path altogether.

Edit . A good read : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/526454-Toggles!?p=6461889&viewfull=1#post6461889
Reads like a mystery solving story ! ;)

Are we starting the new alts by doing the level 2 harbor quests or after they've completed?
Believe we're on mains tonight. 100% I'm out next Friday, so that will be an alt night. Corwin, at a minimum, will need drug thru the harbor 2's since he doesn't get much time to play outside of our sessions. I have already completed those quests on my alt, so running without me next week won't leavve me behind (not that the alts must stay in lock-step anyway). If you already had the harbor 2's done (or already got lvl5 like Alrik apparently has done) and wanted "a week off" next week, then you'd mesh in fine the following alt session whenever that happened.

Most of us probably won't get lvl5 off the Harbor 2's, but I suppose if you've got it at that point, you could take it. Doing that may not be ideal since there's a shit-ton of lvl3 content now, including Saltmarsh--you might have to hold 6 for a long time. Up to you.

That was only possible, because I had decided to leave her on her "path" during levelling, trying to find out what I might get. Please keep in mind that this toon was originally never intended to be a group figure, which means that I would have been changing a LOT with her stats. I think I will still have to do that. I might even break from the predefined path altogether.
Generally, the automated builds spread things around too much to be useful.

I actually forgot about the preset paths. They were terribly outdated a decade ago. I imagine they're really terrible now. Not just by spreading stats thin, but by picking some god-awful feats that do nothing for anyone.

As I am living the Asphalt Life, I'm running on about 3 hours sleep after a 21 hour day yesterday and have to work tomorrow morning (before going back in Sunday night). So tonight is an alt night as I am out. I'll do the L2's tomorrow night when I'm trying to stay up through the night.

Back
Top Bottom