WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Comments in hints thread again?
People please.
If you intend to play on higher difficulties, do yourself a favor and recruit a few mercenaries early on, when they're still not too expensive, to fill a few obvious roles (primarily Bard and Cleric, but a Sorcerer might also be worth it). Neoseeker has a few companion guides on how to get the companions to fill those roles, but it'll never be particularly optimal (Seelah as a Bard; Lann as a Cleric etc).
Thanks but won't happen, I'm not JDR who plays everything only on nightmare difficulty (or else something very bad will happen). ;)

Another hint.
During the prologue you choose between two companions. Can't have both.

Don't overthink it and pick one per your RP choice, on practical basis or simply who meets better your taste. Because…
You will be able to hire the one you left behind during chapter 3. ;)

I'm currently chapter 3.
Do not go lollygagging. I did and it was a waste of time - entering every location I see not having any business there (quest).
Most of currently "questless" areas you can't do anything because you don't have something necessary for proceeding further. In some areas trashmobs are 5-6 levels above you and will eat you for breakfast.
Follow quest areas only, set companion quests as priority as these net you some superb items, open more stories and let's be real, your companions are the most valuable to you and in normal world you'd want to help them first, right?
Or (ab)use them, works too. ;)

That's the first thing I did after I got Seelah and Wenduag: respec them to better fit the vision for my party, while keeping them mostly RP-compatible.

How is this possible ? I didn't find any way to do it ...

How is this possible ? I didn't find any way to do it …
The soft version (not really respec) is to do the level-up yourself instead of using the pre-programmed career of those NPCs. There is an option to have auto-level up, when it's active you can just press on the left arrow and the game will fill the new abilities, feats, and so on.

But it's always possible to choose how they level up. Once you choose manually, you have to continue until the end of the game.

To really respec the companions, you need to find an NPC who offers to train them.

Who is he and where he can be found?
His name is Hilor, he's in the Defender's Hearth in act 1, in the camp in act 2 and in Drezen on the 2nd floor of the Half Measure Tavern once you've retaken Drezen.

3. Wenduag, changed to Eldritch Scoundrel, for more dark magic. Going to give her a shortsword. Her personality seems to be quite good for anything. So she'll be an assassin sort of character.

4. Arueshalae I'm going to change to a Bard, for more mind magic. Stats can stay as they are because, yeah. ;)

How do you have Arushalae already in a "couple of hours"? Your post sent me looking to see if I'd missed a companion. I've played for 25 hours and haven't even met her yet.

The other part I quoted because I'm curious why you didn't just use Woljif and leave Wenduag as she was. He's an eldritch scoundrel by default.

I could use some advice. I never bother to multiclass. Just too much of a hassle. But my PC is an Oracle and so is Daeran, so I want to change him to something else.

I have everyone as their default classes... so paladin (Seelah), scroll savant (Nenio), eldritch scoundrel (Woljif), fighter Wenduag), cleric (Sosiel, just got him), shaman (Camillia), and witch (Ember).

Many of you probably know which classes my future companions will be. So with all that combined, what what be a useful second class for Daeren? I haven't leveled him for couple of levels, so I can hit the ground running.

How do you have Arushalae already in a "couple of hours"? Your post sent me looking to see if I'd missed a companion. I've played for 25 hours and haven't even met her yet.

The other part I quoted because I'm curious why you didn't just use Woljif and leave Wenduag as she was. He's an eldritch scoundrel by default.

Arueshalae can't be recruited just couple of hours in - earliest you can get her is towards the end of chapter 2, if you have "met" her by doing something special. Otherwise she will join you in chapter 3.

Personally, I find the voice acting for Camillia astounding. I mean, I guess … t surely takes some effort to let a character sound so much … innocent/native/insecure ? like she does in "I am helpful, am I not ?"

It sounds almost too sweet, as if someone had used a huge bag of sugar there …
… and yet … her battle-cries sound so much different !
Camillia sweet nah she hides her alignment well.:)

Play as an Aeon and you'll find out her secret.

What's Aeon?
Flux?
No such thing in my game, not yet at least…

To find her secret:
1. Do not ditch the kingdom management task, can't remember the title, something like "a missing crusader".
2. Do not avoid a certain NPC's automatic cutscene suggestion when you return to capital several days after ordering search on the point above.

Of course, maybe there are other ways too.

Think of it as a cosmic Judge Dread.:)

Much better then your stoned care-bear Azata path.:p
"The Aeon is a cosmic judge of balance—Judge Dredd meets Merlin on a cosmic scale. They can sense where the balance is broken and fix it, often punishing the perpetrator in the process. The cool thing about the Aeon is that they can detect places where the balance was greatly disturbed in the past and travel back in time to fix it. In doing so, they can change their current timeline, usually for the better."

Personally, I find the voice acting for Camillia astounding. I mean, I guess … t surely takes some effort to let a character sound so much … innocent/native/insecure ? like she does in "I am helpful, am I not ?"

It sounds almost too sweet, as if someone had used a huge bag of sugar there …
… and yet … her battle-cries sound so much different !

Alrik, did you hear her battlecries?

Like:
"I will cut you wide open!" "Your pain is my pleasure!" "The world in crimson!"

Here is the list of companions and when you can recruit them:
Prologue: Seelah, Camellia, Lann or Wendaug
Chapter1: Woljif, Ember, Daeran, Nenio
Chapter2: Sosiel, Regill, Arueshalae (conditional)
Chapter3: Greybor, Arueshalae (if you haven't recruited her in chap2)
Chapter 4: Secret companion (conditional)

Here are more details on how to recruit secret companion + how to recruit both Lann & Wendaug - this is super spoilerific - I have warned you:

Secret companion can be obtainable if you complete Sosiel's quest in "best" way.
You can have both Lann & Wendu but this happens in chapter 5.
Lann: If you have chosen Wendu in prologue, you will meet Lann again in chapter 3. After Wendu and Lann finish their duel, let Lann leave by choosing [Lawful] dialogues only. Then he will come back and join you in chapter 5 during Wendu's quest.
Wendu: If you have chosen Lann in prologue, you will meet Wendu again in chapter 3. Unlike Lann, you can let Wendu join you in chapter3 but this will end up Wendu betraying you later. Let Wendu go in chapter 3 by choosing [Evil] dialogues, then she will come back and join you in chapter 5 during Lann's quest

Camillia sweet nah she hides her alignment well.:)

Play as an Aeon and you'll find out her secret.

Dang it! I wanna know. (But don't tell me).

I was leaning heavily toward Aeon but didn't go that route for two reasons: one, I didn't want to select that option in the Wardstone interaction and two, it so happens that I chose Desna as my diety so it felt like the right time to go Azata.

In regard to re-rolling…
How is this possible ? I didn't find any way to do it …

Well, I used the respec mod. This would be my advice for this thread: don't feel bad about using mods if they can help you enjoy the game more. Didn't know there's regular way to do it in the game though - great news.

There's a list of useful mods on Neoseeker. The Cleaner mod was a must for me in Kingmaker. Another one I'll probably try out at some point is the AutoBuff one for some quality of life.

How do you have Arueshalae already in a "couple of hours"?
No, I don't have her yet. Should have made that clearer. I want to add here to my party as soon as possible though.

I wanted a more sinister companion for the evil side of my party setup. Woljif's alignment is neutral and, more importantly, his whole demeanor seems to be that of an actual scoundrel rather than an assassin that deals in dark magic. So, RP reasons.

Much better then your stoned care-bear Azata path.:p
I wonder if designer of Azata path was heavy on LSD or mescaline.
Hell, it might be late Mcafee's creation. ;)

Okay a hint.
Make sure you teach Nenio and Woljif Dimension Door mass. Not single, mass, there is a reason why not single. Assuming you accepted the predefined setup and did not mess with them.
See, later in the game some traps seems not possible to disable without triggering.
I'm not 100% sure if that is intended or the engine pathfinding bug (an example, big worm area).
With this spell, there is no problem.

The scroll with this spell is available at arcane seller in the capital (chapter 3) for sure, dunno about earlier game because I didn't need it and besides it's a level 4 conjuration spell.
This price is only 700 coins so there.

There is another cheesy apliance of this spell but I am not sure if this is intended.
Then again a certain area (tree and druids puzzle) negates it's effect thus I believe devs did allow such use, then again I don't trust betatesters.
Doors locked and you can't find a key or something else to unlock those anywhere on the map? Worry not.

I didn't take a long look at your spoiler tags, because I just don't want to be spoiled. ;)

Some, I think. Not being a native English speaker, I never understand everything fully, even in the normal dialogs. Which is why I vastly prefer properly translated games - I mean, with voice acting in my own language.

The only battle cry I can understand - or so I think - is this :

"TTHe spirits demand your death" … And there is something I interpret as "THe spirits want you to be a sacrifice" … or something like that …

Of course, as I have learned through pen & paper role-playing, someone trying to be innocent can be the opposite, too. There's almost an cliché of the TDE priest of the most holy and orderly (so to say) god named Praios, with the priest being the absolute opposite of that, and only doing to be good, holy, and orderly.

But apart from that - a point to which no-one of the forum comminity here has yet commented - I wrote that i found the voice-acting astounding. Nothing than that. I didn't even ask for comments on the alignment.

Bump for my question on multiclassing Daeran. Nobody wants to throw in their 2 cents? I really have no idea what I want to do with him, but I know I don't want to leave him as an Oracle.

Bump for my question on multiclassing Daeran. Nobody wants to throw in their 2 cents? I really have no idea what I want to do with him, but I know I don't want to leave him as an Oracle.

I think he would fit a Cleric quite well personally, but to be honest, I'd ask you what you want from your party ?

I am not a big fan of Daeran myself but a cleric seems logical or maybe a skald or bard. he doesn't seem to be a fighter which is a common MC with cleric. Could maybe MC with a rogue though.

Sometimes you can get creative as I made a cool "spy" like character that works great for my chaos-fey Tiefling Wulver.

Basically he is a Sylvan Sorcerer with a Wolf companion. His stats are focused on dexterity and charisma. He took pick pocket as his background traits (which works well as Wulver has a few rogue abilities in addition to magic in his lore). That BG lore added trickery and stealth class skills as well as +2 to initiative. Combined with his 18 dexterity +4 bonus it means he goes first often.

Sorcerers don't get many skills but he has enough INT to have 3, which he puts into trickery, stealth, and persuasion - all useful spy skills. He fights with daggers and crossbow but prefers talking his way out of things or using magic.

He will have a few levels in Rogue to get weapon finesse, fast stealth, and added skill points to spread around, plus 2x back stab, and small bonus to trap-finding - although his Wolf will be the one with high perception to trap find for him or he will use the spell.

In short he becomes a custom hybrid of sorcerer, rogue, diplomat, spy with his wolf companion through a nice mix of all the various options you get form the game in making a character.

Mythic wise he will be going either Trickster, Azatic, or Legendary.

I put this in tips and tricks and help as I think it is a good example of how people can really dig into the creation system and come up with a lot of cool options for making an ideal/favorite character.

I think he would fit a Cleric quite well personally, but to be honest, I'd ask you what you want from your party ?

He's already practically a cleric (Oracle) and Sosei is a cleric.

I'm not picky. I just want him to multiclass into something that would make him not completely redundant in a party in which my PC is an Oracle.

I am not a big fan of Daeran myself but a cleric seems logical or maybe a skald or bard. he doesn't seem to be a fighter which is a common MC with cleric. Could maybe MC with a rogue though.

I like the bard idea. AFAIK there are no bards among the companions, and Daeran seems like the sort of guy who would like composing ballads. About himself and how stupid everyone else is, but still.

I'm not a fan either and I'm not sure I'll use him beyond his companion quests. But I do want to do those, so I figure I may as well make him halfway useful.

There is one companion I decided to put on the side because I haven't figured how to make use of her. It's Ember. As a witch, she lacks the punch of Nenio and she is more fragile and not nearly as good as a healer as Sosiel. She fits well with my goody goody knight-cavalier but so does Sosiel.

Back
Top Bottom