General News - Upcoming RPG / Adventure Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I'll dramatically reduce the time I'm putting into this, if the only perk is getting shitty replies.
@porcozaur; and @lackblogger;, welcome to my ignore list. Seriously, how old are you, 5?

I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list....I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

You are totally within your rights, but I prefer to state my objections instead of taking my ball and going home. Then again I think you can't even see this.

I don't get why you are taking this personal? People are/were attacking the "shit list" by that YouTuber and NOT your news post.

What do you expect when writing news? Some news will always be controversial, there will be good news (game announcements), bad news (game cancellations), baffling news, crazy news, amazing news, news of all colors and people will always react to them in some way. I don't see a reason why you should take any of these reactions to heart as if people were attacking you personally.

I can see why it would bother someone, and I think people should consider how it comes across, and makes the job feel like a drag. There are comments here and in other threads that definitely imply failings in the newsposting. I've noticed it, quite independently of Redglyph.

I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list….I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

You are totally within your rights, but I prefer to state my objections instead of taking my ball and going home. Then again I think you can't even see this.
Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. As all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

You can even read the post if you feel like which is counter productive to the ignoring in the first place. I used to have over a hundred members now it's just two.
I can see why it would bother someone, and I think people should consider how it comes across, and makes the job feel like a drag. There are comments here and in other threads that definitely imply failings in the newsposting. I've noticed it, quite independently of Redglyph.
In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give @HiddenX and @Silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as I'm getting way off-topic.:biggrin:

Some additions to the ignore list are well-advised, even if it's imperfect.

Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

You can even read the post if you feel like which is counter productive to the ignoring in the first place. I used to have over a hundred members now it's just two.
In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give Hidden X and silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as were getting off-topic.:biggrin:

I know you can't ignore me;)

Some additions to the ignore list are well-advised, even if it's imperfect.

Sure some are....just didn't have a good run in with her when she did it before....I'm open to discussing if someone feels I'm wrong or whatever....

Guess it is interpretation but I can pick out two people in the thread that seemed to clearly be criticizing that Red made the post and not the story itself.

Really? Have those posts already been deleted? I'm not seeing them, sorry.

In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give Hidden X and silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as were getting off-topic.:biggrin:

I think the off-topic is fine here, since I think this is more important.

I don't think there's any problem with criticising the contents of newsbits, or disagreeing with newsposters from time to time. But the way I see it, Redglyph is new to the job, has come in putting a lot of time into it, and has taken shit since day 1. I don't think it's fair, or good for the Watch. So I'm going to intervene.

I can't answer your specific question as it might relate to yourself; but in scanning this thread there were two sets of comments I saw:
insults to the article itself (which I think are fine with some valid comment why it is a poor list)
(direct) insult to the person who posted the news article which I think are not appropriate. The title of the news post is what the author gave his stream and if misleading is misleading to the extent that that the video itself is misleading but to insult the news poster for the author's failing is at best crude. And yes I think @Couchpotato; post a lot of really nice news but I'm not sure that is relevant to this issue.

I don't get why you add so many to your ignore list….I'm pretty sure I'm on there just because I disagreed with you.

I appreciate the post, couple games I like from that list.

Probably a good time to replay Skyrim too!

Personally I don't mind some snarkiness. Its better than having to worry about whether you've offended someone and self censoring. That shit is really insidious.

Well the ignore function doesn't really work that well in the first place. As all it does is put your post in a spoiler like tag saying this member is on your ignore list.

In my defense I like to semi-troll with sarcasm and humor. It's not always taken well. So give @HiddenX and @Silver my most humble apologizes if I ever slighted them.

Now I believe that's it as I'm getting way off-topic.:biggrin:

Dude. I don't even care. If I want/demand sunshine and rainbows all the time then do worry.

Personally I don't mind some snarkiness. Its better than having to worry about whether you've offended someone and self censoring. That shit is really insidious.

Cool. I'll be sure to let the buggers ravage your threads. :p

Look, we're not talking about sunshine and rainbows - I just notice when a pattern of behaviour is bothering someone. When that someone is dedicating time to our benefit and keeping the site going, I don't think that's cool. In fact, I think it's embarrassing, and if it were me, I'd sometimes be thinking, "Why am I wasting my time with these pricks?" So, I'm giving a member of the team some support. Doesn't strike me as a particularly sinister idea. But, regardless, that's what's going to happen.

Well regardless of intent people will start to self censor themselves. I've seen it happen too often and sites often turn out worse for it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that jazz. The comments I've seen in this thread seem a complete non issue.

Well regardless of intent people will start to self censor themselves. I've seen it happen too often and sites often turn out worse for it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that jazz. The comments I've seen in this thread seem a complete non issue.

Well, self-censorship is something we all do all the time in order to function in society. In fact, if the brain is damaged, sometimes people lose the ability to do so, and their lives are a nightmare. The ability to think, "No, that's unnecessarily shitty - I won't say that," is part of being a functioning human being, not some Orwellian paranoid fantasy.

Anyhow, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just asking people to consider the impact of their twatty comments, and not to be surprised if they actually have to notice I'm a moderator on this one. :)

Anyhow, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just asking people to consider the impact of their twatty comments, and not to be surprised if they actually have to notice I'm a moderator on this one. :)

Well actually no. Your asking people to imagine what may offend someone regardless of whether that is a reasonable interpretation or not. Posts should be judged on their content not by the most likely to be offended.

Well actually no. Your asking people to imagine what may offend someone regardless of whether that is a reasonable interpretation or not.

No, I'm asking them to consider whether their comments are a dick move, given that someone is giving up their time to provide them with a service for free. Really not that complicated.

No, I'm asking them to consider whether their comments are a dick move, given that someone is giving up their time to provide them with a service for free. Really not that complicated.

All the comments have commented on the post not the poster. I'm failing to see an issue here. I'll agree to disagree but this sort of thing seems to be becoming a pattern here.

All the comments have commented on the post not the poster. I'm failing to see an issue here.

That's fine. I do see the issue, and I'm the one that has to make the moderation decision. I've explained my take on it, and given people fair warning. If others want to start making a song and dance about how Ripper's reign of censorship terror has begun, that at least might be entertaining. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom