The Rating Stars

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch
First of all I have the dark "setting" and it is easy to see that just like those litle buttons that shows who is online... the transperancy is completely wrong making them look very ugly. Acctually I tried on the light version.. and they don't look okay there either.

Secondly I really think you guys should have something that is a symbol for the site.. how about that watch tower? people do often post reviews on their websites and stars are just plain out boring... but if you keep the stars at least make them look okay on this backgroud.

The stars are only slightly easier to see on the light setting.

Well the Stars are indeed not very good to see on the dark setting, but whats wrong with Stars ? :)

After all 5 Stars sounds more impressive than 5 Watchtowers or 5 out of 5 :)

It's not just the stars; other icons aren't optimized, either. This is something we will look into once the bigger problems have been solved (or when there's a lot of spare time in between projects :) ).

I'm surprised anyone even pays attention to the stars. Most of the time, that sort of thing gets abused to the point of being meaningless.

Well, things like that bothers me... because the staff here are very professional and they write excellent reviews and articles, I dare say some of the best RPG experts are on this site. I think it deserves to look just as professional too!

If you guys want some photoshop help I'd be willing to help. I am pretty busy.. but seeing how slowly things happen here I think I will be quicker anyway :)

If you wish to help, send either Arhu, or Myrthos a PM. They are the two working on site issues.

The layout, etc. are mainly done by Arhu. I´ll point him to this thread. We´re indeed in need of somebody with Photoshop skills.

Time´s running ... :(
I sent Arhu a PM a few minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom