Elder Scrolls Online - Tamriel Unlimited Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zenimax Online released a new launch trailer this week for Tamriel Unlimited.

They also released a new one hour ESO live video about the F2B conversion.
In this Friday, the 13th episode of ESO Live, we discuss the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, answer your questions, hear about life at ZOS with Systems Designer Mandi Parker, and learn about quest creation with Zone Lead Greg Roth.
More information.

The sad thing is, nothing can help TESO. Its a disgrace to MMO development history. The sheer magnitude of 'fail' reminds me a lot of Daikatana.

Nah, I think it's the overall best modern MMO out there currently and has lots of potential.

I jumped back into this last night. I've been in an MMO mood and this scratches that itch.

I played when it came out, but it didn't really grab me. My character only got to level 7.

I'm still getting used to the action combat, though it is similar to Elder Scrolls games and many PC titles. I would just rather have the typical tab targeting/skills and spells bar combat. I like both the action of Guild Wars 2, but also the slowness of Everquest.

It appears that the developers really support their fans. They help share fan artwork and stories and also help advertise player events. I like what I'm finding.

I think with all the improvements since launch I'm going to dig the game this time. I had a blast last night. Already level 6!

I plan on tackling this at some point too. I'm not an MMO-er at all, but I love the lore of Tamriel and want to explore the new landscape. Hopefully, I can play an alchemist and just wander the land collecting ingredients and selling potions.

I don't plan to touch this ever. And not just this.

A few history remarks, or better to say my opinions.

After enormous success with games on PC, certain type of games, instead of pushing them forward, Interplay decided it's time for new things. First they made Descent and slapped Black Isle all over it. While it wasn't a bad game, hell BiS audience expected an epic RPG, not that… Crap. Also, Interplay was intoxicated over numbers on consoles and decided to develop consoles crapware thinking - easy money!
We know how it ended and where is Interplay today.
Consoles crapware still exists, but it's clear not only it's not easy money but can also ruin you.

Because of WoW financial success, gaming industry thought it's easy money and hell every month, for years after WoW, dozens of new MMOs are made. Each and every plain grind even if not clones. It still didn't end, but just as in case of consoles, today is pretty clear it's not a milking guaranteed stuff.

Facebook and Phones brought another type of games that should be put in a genre "virtual beggar". Sure, who came first with the idea, got some serious cash there. But it's clear today pretty much to anyone that these stuff are not really games and people will slowly turn away from that scam if not already.

ESO was Bethesda's plan for easy money. You may think otherwise, but that won't change my opinion.
I'm not saying Bethesda shouldn't try making stuff outside of established singleplayer franchises, but if you were Beth CEO, would you really risk 200 millions on MMO or would spend that same sum on TES6, FO4 and Dishonored 2?
Imo, Bethesda behaves as a filthy rich drunkard. And such people don't end up well.

For regular trolls who accuse me of hating everything Bethesda, the same thoughts go for SW:TOR and would go for any MMO made with crapload of cash singleplayer fans paid - it's not just Bethesda alone.

At least you're consistent. I was almost afraid you would miss a post in a Bethesda thread.

Don't count on missing it.
At least until the thread is about their possible phonegame. :p

Back
Top Bottom