Skill bassed non instanced MMO?

morikaweb

Traveler
Is there any decent skill based non instanced MMO's out there? I have played UO for 10 years but have been playing less and less with evry “improvement”. Now I want to find a new game to play since EA is trying to turn it into a WOW clone (No I’m not exaggerating, the devs actually admitted that old players don’t count and all they care about is attracting new players from games like WOW whatever the cost). I was going to go with Wish before it vanished off the face of the earth…

So are there any decent Skill based MMO’s out there? Games that are actually interactive and immersive unlike the cookie cuter games like EQ2, WOW or LOTRO?

Hmm, Puzzle Pirates maybe?

It's not exactly immersive, but it's definitely skill based. Now, I must say that the game community used to be much better a few years ago, but it's still a fine game. Might not be what you're looking for, but hey, no reason not to try it out.

Thanks for trying to help but perhaps I should of elaborated. I'm looking for a medieval swords & sorcery d&d style game with a skill based levying system, like the one used in UO or what was going to be in wish.

Oh. I thought you meant skill-based, as in, not number (=time) based. No idea then, sorry.

Speaking of D&D maybe give them a try? They have an update coming soon, as well so additional content would help, as from what I recall, most people only played for 3 months originally due to lack of content. It's defiantly group based and from what I heard rather diffiuct, with virtually no single player content, if any of that interest you.

I should have thought of this earlier but since I saw a new review it reminded me of Vanguard, if you don't mind a more hardcore based mmog, the combat is very refreshing compared to the constant ad nauseum of most mmog combat.
In a way it's similar to The Witcher where you have to watch your attacks and then when your given a short time to enter a Power Attack, building up criticals whether you casting spells or welding weapons, which could be considered skill based. :)

Is there any decent skill based non instanced MMO's out there? I have played UO for 10 years but have been playing less and less with evry “improvement”. Now I want to find a new game to play since EA is trying to turn it into a WOW clone (No I’m not exaggerating, the devs actually admitted that old players don’t count and all they care about is attracting new players from games like WOW whatever the cost). I was going to go with Wish before it vanished off the face of the earth…

So are there any decent Skill based MMO’s out there? Games that are actually interactive and immersive unlike the cookie cuter games like EQ2, WOW or LOTRO?
The only MMO like that will be Darkfall Online, which has skill system partly based on UO pre-Trammel (though not entirely). However, sadly its not out until next year 2008. I been waiting for DFO for 7 years now. Sucks waiting for something decent for that long... shows i have no life, at all.

Back
Top Bottom