Pricewatch!

Almost half price whole week for probably the most overestimated/overvalued game 2 years old:

pic.jpg

Not that I don't have anything to play, but… I'll bite.
Singleplayer option, not the god damned bundle with some on line idiocy.

Last edited:
Riiiiiight…

I started it just to see if it's… Although I posted about the juicy price, please don't buy it!
Maybe it's just me, but the game seems another awkward overcomplicated controls rubbish like those Rockstar people never saw a game on PC (press R for this, H for that, V for something else, whatever crap). What's wrong with these ports? Why are we seeing the same "let's be creative with controls" idiocy over and over again? Are those devs really all that dumb?

Oh yeah, the start definetly looks as Watch Dogs only with "f.ck" word in every sentence. The only difference so far is that to force hiding in Watch Dogs you have to press C and in GTA5 you have to press Q. Big difference. Huge! What happened with automatic systems already present in other games? Why on earth should I *force* getting cover if someone is shooting at me?

Transcript font, color and position is horrible beyond words. Did those devs ever watch a movie with subtitles? I bet they didn't. This game has the worst subtitles style I've seen in my life.
To aim you need a microscope as a small white dot is used - so small it's practically invisible on already whiteish background. I mean… WTF?
Voiceovers acting feel fine, but are recorded in some low sampling format. Almost like I'm hearing C64 and ZX Spectrum game. Or chattying with someone through supercompressed with quality loss Viber application.

Finally, the game has FPS drops on me. After setting options as suggested by nVidia experience. Not bad as microfreezes in AC4, but noticeable without any measuring software. Compared to TW3 and MGS5 performance, this game code feels like a disaster. I've expected better from 2 years old game hyped in so many media.

Honestly, by first impression I can't believe this game sold so many copies and got so many high ratings.

Saw Stick of Truth at 75% on Steam just now.

There's also a Games Workshop humble bundle at the moment - quality of the titles on offer is mixed. If you ever played the original I can recommend Space Hulk, quite faithful (although SH Ascension makes it a better PC game).

-kaos

i bought some games from its "brother" site macgamestore, the only legit site i know of selling mac games for steam

...well seems the discount is gone and according to a dev it was a mistake, max discount they are allowed to put is 10%

That's tempting. I've never heard of that site though. Has anyone used it?

Personally, I would wait for the re-release of this game (newsbit: http://www.rpgwatch.com/?nstart=32#33400)

According to Reality Pump, the re-release is close to being finished.
I know, I know, "the game is being discounted now", "if I buy the original game I'll get the re-release for free", but c'mon… we already have Wasteland 2: DC and soon we'll have D: OS EE and Fallout 4… Raven's Cry can wait, can't it ? Can't it, Joxer? ;)

Blackguards 2 is only $8.74 right now at Green Man Gaming which is the cheapest I've seen it. You can also use the voucher on their front page to get an additional 22% off that price.

Worth it? I never finished the first game due to bugs and balance issues (before it was patched), but I do remember enjoying it quite a bit. How does Blackguards 2 compare?

Personally extremely disliked the first one and heard that the second one is similar.
To me it showed that Daedalic should stick to what they do best: Adventure Games.

So much other stuff around to play. And if you never finished the first one either I guess it's best to look for something else instead.

The 2nd one is much better in the story department. You can actually play an evil character. I had a lot of fun with it for 30 hours or so. It's a bit less hardcore than the first game though.

I actually liked the first one, but after hearing the second game was pretty much the same (with the same characters too) I lost interest.

Back
Top Bottom