What games are you playing now? - Page 659 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

December 20th, 2020, 13:13
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Ohhh a paladin in Diablo two, now that's the perfect class for that game! Man, I've some good memories of that one.
I was worried at the beginning as I used to playing necromancer and summoning skeletons and gollums for crowd control and tanking, which the paladin don't have. But the auras available at a decent level can kill mobs even before they can come close or slow them down while taking damage. This is why Diablo II is excellent.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

December 20th, 2020, 13:42
Diablo 2 is the origin of my nickname.

I had created a paladin to play online and had to pick a name. I tried paladin which was already picked. So then tried Pladio

I really enjoyed that game and loved the paladin play style especially in muktiplayer.
All the auras were very useful in mp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

December 20th, 2020, 18:31
Oh man, fork the mages, get a few levels on that paladin and you'll kill things before they even….oh yeah, you found that out! The paladin starts out decent, and then just elevates to an insane level, which makes sense seeing as the class is designed to wage war against evil, and Diablo two has than in spades!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

December 20th, 2020, 18:41
Never played Diablo II. I'm currently trying to play DOS:EE. I was a beta-tester and played for over 200 hours and burned out. I'm also not real big on party-based games. I love loot and crafting though, so I'm giving it another go. I remember loving the Cyseal area of the game and totally losing interest once I left there. I'm playing explorer aka baby mode so I don't have to deal with 1000 hours of tedious combat. Monsters die quick in easy mode.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

December 20th, 2020, 22:15
Dishonored. Haven't managed to play this, almost at all, but I'm really enjoying this. For some reason I never managed to reach the game loop of exploration and collecting upgrade items. It also has very good combat and platforming.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 13:55
Starting to lose steam for Dishonored. While I was enchated with the potential, I soon realized that you can easily abuse the AI, and it become very easy to kill everyone. I guess I could try and do a no-kill run, but I don't have the patience for that.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

December 21st, 2020, 15:31
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Starting to lose steam for Dishonored. While I was enchated with the potential, I soon realized that you can easily abuse the AI, and it become very easy to kill everyone. I guess I could try and do a no-kill run, but I don't have the patience for that.
There's no need to kill everyone or play a stealth only run. Some quests also work out differently depending on the route you take.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

December 21st, 2020, 15:54
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
There's no need to kill everyone or play a stealth only run. Some quests also work out differently depending on the route you take.
I guess I'm OCD, but I always maximize my playthroughs. So I like to explore everything. Which means, I pretty much kill everyone. Just killed the first leader, Campbell. He was easy as hell. Is it me or are the powers just overpowered? I pretty much sneaked up behind him, and his other guard which I spared, and activated slow time, killed him and then I left out the window without thet guard even noticing me.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

December 21st, 2020, 16:01
I guess I'm OCD, but I always maximize my playthroughs. So I like to explore everything. Which means, I pretty much kill everyone. Just killed the first leader, Campbell. He was easy as hell. Is it me or are the powers just overpowered? I pretty much sneaked up behind him, and his other guard which I spared, and activated slow time, killed him and then I left out the window without thet guard even noticing me.
Killing is easier in this game than others, but that's because killing has a negative impact on the game world.

It's part of the lore.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

December 21st, 2020, 16:27
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Killing is easier in this game than others, but that's because killing has a negative impact on the game world.

It's part of the lore.

Yeah, I understand, but these sorts of design conflicts don't make it easy on me. They put a lot of effort into populating the game world with loads of lore and various items, but then they make killing the enemies easy to kill, and they also encourage not killing them.

What is the ideal way to play this game? Killing as little as possible, while trying to access all lore entries and items?

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

+1:

December 21st, 2020, 17:09
I believe you will be superenthusiastic about it.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 17:17
Yeah, I understand, but these sorts of design conflicts don't make it easy on me. They put a lot of effort into populating the game world with loads of lore and various items, but then they make killing the enemies easy to kill, and they also encourage not killing them.

What is the ideal way to play this game? Killing as little as possible, while trying to access all lore entries and items?
Killing nobody (may be with one exception) is the best way to play (and the most challenging one).
Edit: It is like the original thief games in this regard.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 17:22

Killing is easy. Remind me to not have dinner with you otherwise I may be stabbed.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

December 21st, 2020, 17:33
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
Killing nobody (may be with one exception) is the best way to play (and the most challenging one).
Edit: It is like the original thief games in this regard.
And can I realistically do this and also access all areas/items and lore items?

Also, how do the bosses you have to kill as part of the plot feature into this? Are they ignored when counting if you killed anyone?

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

December 21st, 2020, 17:43
And can I realistically do this and also access all areas/items and lore items?

Also, how do the bosses you have to kill as part of the plot feature into this? Are they ignored when counting if you killed anyone?
You can also solve the boss missions without killing them. Edit: And yes: You can access everything in this way.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 17:53
I finished it with the "Ghost", "Clean Hands", and "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievements in a single playthrough so it is definitely do-able. (Never seen, never kill, learn no abilities other than blink". Targets need to be eliminated… not necessarily killed.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 18:00
Originally Posted by Pladio
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
You can also solve the boss missions without killing them. Edit: And yes: You can access everything in this way.
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
I finished it with the "Ghost", "Clean Hands", and "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievements in a single playthrough so it is definitely do-able. (Never seen, never kill, learn no abilities other than blink". Targets need to be eliminated… not necessarily killed.
I think you've all motivated me to restart my playthrough while trying to ghost it.

But the "need to be eliminated" intrigues me. What constitutes eliminated? Can you take them back to your base? Or what does eliminated mean? Is it different for each character? I've seen a playthrough on youtube where the player took Campbell to the interogation chair and then branded him with something on his forehead. Is that eliminated? How so?

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

December 21st, 2020, 18:07
It's different for each one, but generally involves searching the quest area for something you can use against them: evidence, a loved one, etc.
--
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 21st, 2020, 18:16
Nearly finished Borderlands Pre-sequel. I don't feel motivated enough to spend the time repeat fighting Eclipse until the chips fall my way and I beat him. Starting AC:Origins. Question: will there be enough points to get all skills, or will I need to specialize?
--
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 21st, 2020, 22:51
Ok, I finished the first level with both Not Detected and Killed No One. The only issue is the game only gives you a status on these two efforts at the end of the mission. I had to redo the first mission, being a lot more careful, because apparently I was detected once, but I've no idea where. So I have to, while playing, be aware of the ingame chime that signals I've been detected.

@Philistine: Do you know if I can do this differently? Any way to find out if I've already been detected mid mission? I'd hate to a long mission and only find out at the end that I was detected, and failed the achievement.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?