Couchpotato's Random RPG News - Page 69 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

February 6th, 2021, 11:17
Just saw this tweet by Mark Darrah reminding us yesterday was his last day at BioWare:

https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/st…89211634536448

He announced it on December 3rd, at the same time as Casey Hudson announced his departure too. Big shoes to fill!

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

February 8th, 2021, 11:51
Titan Quest: Legendary Edition Available on AppStore and Play Store

loading…

Mass Effect Jack Wall Interview - Game Informer
Jack Wall is an incredibly talented American video game music composer that has worked on some of the most iconic adventures over the past 20 years. From Splinter Cell to Call of Duty, then branching off into the world of BioWare with Jade Empire and Mass Effect - Wall's impact on the gaming community has been immense.

We recently sat down with Wall to dive a little deeper into his impressive history and the process behind these wildly different creations. Wall's career in composition began when he was a recording engineer in Boston and New York City back in the late 1980s, but it's not actually the career path he saw for himself growing up, at least not in the context that he's doing now. His journey from a recording engineer quickly evolved into being a producer and later a composer. His first foray into the world of writing for video games happened in 1995 and from there, his gaming adventure truly kicked off.
Steelrising Playtest Announced - Announcement
The Revolution begins in the shadows… Now is the time for it to come to light. We are excited to announce our first Steelrising Playtest! Click the link below to participate and get more details about the Playtest.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

February 9th, 2021, 17:42
Tortured Hearts - Or How I Saved The Universe. Again. - Gameplay

loading…
TH is an epic, non-linear, hard-core RPG created by one person (with some help here and there) in 12.5 years. Available on Steam from 1st March 2021. Supports English and Hungarian.
EA Will Decide This Week Whether To Kill Anthem Next Or Not

loading…

Blizzard 30th Anniversary Welcome Home

loading…
Let's celebrate together at BlizzConline, February 19th-20th.
Disco Elysium Interview - Push Square
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut. We can't wait to play it. You can't wait to play it. The console port of one of 2019's best PC titles will finally hit PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 next month, bringing with it an isometric RPG masterclass that allows you to take on pretty much any personality imaginable. After achieving an impressive Metacritic rating of 91, the PS5 and PS4 versions will come packaged with extra quests and complete voice work for every character. It'll also run at a 4K resolution at 60 frames-per-second. To learn how developer ZA/UM achieved this, we caught up with writer Justin Keenan to discuss the PS5 port, silly deaths, and politics.
Kung fu, injuries and delays: Catching up with Biomutant - Eurogamer
There's something very Saturday morning about Biomutant that has always really appealed to me. Where other open-world games can be grim, this is exuberantly colourful; where other games can be bogged down in grit, this is light and full of energy.

It looks like a child's imagination exploded all over the screen. Mutated animals tear about, kung-fuing gigantic monsters with three heads, which are also adorable, and there are outlandish contraptions, DIY guns and vehicles to use. There's one vehicle that looks like a hand and moves around like Thing from The Addams Family, and finger-guns enemies dead. There are others that fly through the air or speed across the water, as you whizz around over-saturated and kaleidoscopically vibrant worlds.

That's not to say I ever thought Biomutant would change the world. I never really thought of it as a blockbuster. But does everything have to be? They can be so timid. This feels reckless, charming, and it abounds with a kind of breeziness I am totally here for in 2021, with all this going on, gestures at everything.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 10th, 2021, 02:24
Black Myth: Wukong Official Trailer

loading…
Check out a new trailer for Black Myth: Wukong, a new action adventure RPG from Chinese developer Game Science based on the Journey to the West mythology.
Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos DLC Coming Soon - Gamerant
According to publisher Take-Two Interactive's latest earnings report, the second DLC for The Outer Worlds is expected to launch in this fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2021. A more definitive date has not yet been announced.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 11th, 2021, 01:48
Fallout: New California is fun but not Perfect

loading…
I played the Warrior side of the New California side of the story. The vault is a great prologue, but odd from time to time. This mod is something else, odd undertones but Bragg is great.
Mass Effect Legendary Trailer vs Originals, Side By Side Comparison

loading…
We went through the Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trailer and matched as many shots as possible with the original games.
Last Epoch Dev Interview - Segmentnext
Speaking with SegmentNext in a recent interview, game director Judd Cobler stated that competing against upcoming behemoths like Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 is not a specific goal. That being said, he believes Last Epoch to garner better reviews and possibly experience the most successful launch in the genre.
Microsoft forms new subsidiary 'Vault' to handle its ZeniMax acquisition - PCGamer
As spotted by Eurogamer, a European Commission filing revealed that Microsoft intends to absorb ZeniMax by way of a merger with the newly-formed subsidiary. The document itself is an invitation to interested parties to comment on or challenge the acquisition by February 15th—though at this stage the deal is all but sealed.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 11th, 2021, 15:41
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
]Mass Effect Legendary Trailer vs Originals, Side By Side Comparison
From this I'd say I prefer the original visuals… I don't like the DoF on the new, or the new softer lighting. The old lighting with sharper highlights gave a moodier, noirish feel I like.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

February 11th, 2021, 16:01
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
From this I'd say I prefer the original visuals… I don't like the DoF on the new, or the new softer lighting. The old lighting with sharper highlights gave a moodier, noirish feel I like.
I agree looks like they added a ton of Lght FX's to the up-scaled graphics. Similar how Bethesda upgraded Skyrim. Still I'm not a fan of light rays so it's a turn off for me.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 11th, 2021, 17:15
Turned up the brightness and rubbed some Vaseline on the lens.

Remaster complete, Sir!
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

February 11th, 2021, 17:25
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Turned up the brightness and rubbed some Vaseline on the lens.

Remaster complete, Sir!
With a dash of Bloom and Motion Blur also.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

February 11th, 2021, 18:40
Didn't play any of the Mass Effects, but I agree about the "remaster".
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

February 16th, 2021, 20:32
Fechtbuch: The Real Swordfighting behind Kingdom Come

loading…
The documentary Fechtbuch not only charts Warhorse Studio's quest to create a unique experience but also presents medieval martial arts as a phenomenon and an important element of European history.
Diablo II Retrospective - Gamebanshee
Way back in 1997, the small but dedicated Blizzard North team released Diablo - a gothic action-RPG about exploring vast, procedurally-generated tunnels underneath the town of Tristram and slaying the demonic Lord of Terror lurking within.

These days, Diablo could be considered a shining example of a roguelite - a game that takes some inspirations from Rogue but doesn't follow the traditional roguelike formula too closely, or at all.
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - The Special Armor Update Live
Greetings friends!

Today we're launching another update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd Early Access.

While not continuing the main plot, Update 0.8 has brought new side missions and several dozens of new characters to meet and work for, as well as many fixes to most mechanics.
Solasta Crown of the Magister - Cracking Open The Difficulty Settings
This week we'll be rolling Intelligence (Investigation) checks on the Difficulty Settings of Solasta. We briefly talked about them in a previous update, but it's time to get into the nitty gritty details - this way you'll know exactly your options at launch!
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale - Early Access Roadmap
Now that King Arthur: Knight's Tale Early Access is out in the wild it is time to see what's next! But first, we'd like to thank you for the tremendous amount of feedback we've got from you. We're really grateful for all of your suggestions and bug reports, whether it was a few words, a longer doc or comments with pros and cons or even recorded footage. While we're debating how brutal the nerf for ranged heroes and Sir Kay should be (just kidding), we complied a roadmap for the coming months, since the plan from the beginning was to update the game during the Early Access period too.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 17th, 2021, 20:23
The German word "fechten" mainly means swordfighting. Not the brutal thing, but rather what you see in the RL Olympic Games.

Buch = book.
Buchbinder = bookbinder. In DDO, there's a quest around a family called "Binder" or "Buchbinder". One of the family members even has the name of Buchwald, which means bookwood / bookforest.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
+1:

February 18th, 2021, 19:14
DM Wyvern Interviews Jennell Jaquays

loading…
The early days of the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop role-playing hobby were fresh and exciting and countless talented writers, designers and gamers stepped up to enrich this new hobby. And one of the brightest lights of that era was (and still is) game designer Jennell Jaquays.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Interview - Game Informer
We recently sat down with game director Mac Walters and environment and character director Kevin Meek to learn about all of the ways the upcoming remaster aims to perfect the original. When talking about some of the more strategic and directly impactful adjustments, both Walters and Meek talked about one battle in particular: Benezia.
System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Fully-Playable VR Mode - IGN
During the process of reverse-engineering the missing libraries for System Shock 2, we had an opportunity to play around with the idea of creating a standalone VR version, says Kick in an interview with IGN. And so we brought on an [VR] expert to look about the cod and give us a brief idea of what kind of things we could do.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 19th, 2021 at 23:29.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 18th, 2021, 19:15
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Demo - CRPG - Let's Play

loading…
Shane checks the first part of the demo of Geneforge 1 Mutagen, a unique, truly open-ended fantasy adventure in a strange, new world. You are one of the Shapers, wizards with the awesome power to create life. Want a tool, a trap, an army? You summon it into existence. You create mighty beasts, and they totally obey you. Usually.
Space Wreck Demo - CRPG - Let's Play

loading…
Shane takes a look at the demo of Space Wreck, an intentionally short hardcore roleplaying game. P.S. Cambots suck.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 19th, 2021 at 19:23.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 19th, 2021, 19:04
Geneforge will be out soon, /drool. I'm guessing it will take weeks to get through it, I do enjoy the value of Spiderweb games!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 20:07
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Geneforge will be out soon, /drool. I'm guessing it will take weeks to get through it, I do enjoy the value of Spiderweb games!
Yes, they're great for a good long delve into something genuinely epic. They've been keeping me going for years now.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 23:24
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Trust me, you've already played it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

February 20th, 2021, 03:03
And I'll enjoy it again. It wouldn't be a complete thread without a derivative comment from the peanut gallery!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2021, 03:49
Blizzard 30th Anniversary Q&A

loading…
Launcher sat down with President J. Allen Brack and Senior Vice President Allen Adham of Blizzard Entertainment ahead of BlizzCon 2021 to get more insight on the big announcements with Blizzard's 30th anniversary approaching. They spoke about the upcoming Diablo II remaster, World of Warcraft Classic's Burning Crusade update, the challenges of managing two WoWs, Overwatch League Season 3, the uncertain future of Starcraft and their response to the Blitzchung Hearthstone incident.
BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo IV: What's Next

loading…
Members of the Diablo IV development team discuss the latest content coming to Sanctuary.
Diablo IV - Rogue Announce Trailer

loading…
The Rogue is the newest addition to the Diablo IV campfire, combining range and melee attacks with incredible speed and mobility. Prepare to slaughter hordes of the damned with imbued weapons and specialized attacks.
BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo Immortal: Alpha and Beyond

loading…
Lead Designer Wyatt Cheng and Lead Producer Caleb Arseneaux discuss the results of the Tech Alpha, and provide a sneak peek at what's next for Diablo Immortal. Hosted by Bluddshed.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Multiplayer Duel Mode and Battle Terrain

loading…
In this development video, we take a look at a new multiplayer game mode, as well as, an update to the battle terrain system.
Torchlight III - Upcoming Content Sneak Peek
The winter has been cold and long, but the frontier is starting to warm up; we are getting ready for summer and wanted to update you on all things Torchlight III.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 22nd, 2021, 04:13
We are Legion: Rome - Official Teaser Trailer

loading…
Guide the fate of Kasius who joins Gaius Julius legions in the military campaign against Gauls and fight on the antique battlefield as regular Legionary. Advance in army ranks, lead well-equipped Roman troops in multiple battles scenarios and hack' slash your way to bloody victory. You have only one goal - get rich enough to marry the love of Your life. At least at the beginning.
Liara's Changes Are Important Despite Being Small - GameInfomer
We sat down with environment and character director Kevin Meek to explore why those seemingly minute changes matter and what they mean regarding her coming full circle as a character.
Avowed Needs to Solve One Problem - GameRant
If Obsidian is going to create a first-person fantasy RPG that truly brings the genre into the next generation, however, the studio will need to make significant innovations in the way it handles its open-world storytelling. To do so, Avowed will need to solve one problem found back in Skyrim, but also more recently in The Outer Worlds.
How Avowed Can Learn From Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC - Gamerant
The island of Solstheim from Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC has some great lessons to teach Avowed and its frontier setting, the Living Lands.
Elder Scrolls 6 Gameplay Footage "Leaks" Online, But Is It Real? - Comicbook
The leak comes the way of 4chan, which is the first red flag. While 4chan does occasionally produce genuine leaks and legit rumors, it also proliferates a lot of bollocks. As for the footage itself, it's short, blurry, and generic, all of which works against the leak as well.

The gameplay footage is supposedly from a build of the game for the purpose of map testing. It being generic and a bit barren isn't a huge red flag because it could be an early build. However, the amount of motion blur is certainly suspicious.
Larian opens UK studio to work on Baldur's Gate 3 - Gamasutra
Baldur's Gate 3 developer Larian Studios has opened a new studio in Guildford, UK, to assist with production on the long-awaited sequel.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News