Should Couchpotato Close His Account? - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Should Couchpotato Close His Account?

View Poll Results - Should Couchpotato Close His Account?

Yes 3 7.32%
No 38 92.68%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Default Should Couchpotato Close His Account?

May 12th, 2021, 01:25
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Lesson learned is only stick to gaming news from now on.

Avoid the political forum & other sub-forums.
You are finally listening to me. Huzzah! Political subforums only exist to reinforce tribalistic affiliations.
Silver is offline

Silver

Silver's Avatar
Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

#21

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,615
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 01:32
I vote 'no'. I simply enjoy your posts and news, and most of your posts on gaming agree with my views.

That should not stop you from trying different things.

I don't touch political and religious forums as I know that there is no gain or benefit in these discussions.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
SasqWatch

#22

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,437
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 03:35
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Lesson learned is only stick to gaming news from now on.

Avoid the political forum & other sub-forums.
Hey CouchPotato, I voted "Hell, No!"

The current political moment in my country is a pain in the ass, to say the least. Leftists vs rightists, Lula vs Bolsonaro, oh Lord… Every day I get a lot of political news links in the various WhatsApp groups in which I participate. Boring!

I have never ever visited the P&R Forum here. And I don't miss doing it, my patience has already run out due to our domestic discussions here (in Brazil) about politics and politicians.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; May 12th, 2021 at 06:58.
henriquejr is offline

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#23

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 06:45
Since I can't reach the politics forum from Tapatalk (a mobile forum app) anymore, I rarely go there. It's made me more relaxed about the forums, so I think your decision is a good idea.
SveNitoR is offline

SveNitoR

SveNitoR's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#24

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 10:11
NOOOOO!!!! Please, No!!!!!

an incarnation of pibbur who admittedly doesn't know what the potato-on-the-couch writes on the forum that shall not be mentioned (by pibbur), but who reads what he (the potato) writes elswhere on the watch WITH INTEREST!!!

PS. I have left/deleted my account(s) (and immediately regretted it) several times, but that's mainly for irrational reasons, mostly when I've been down in yet-another-episode of depression. DS.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher
Last edited by a pibbur; May 12th, 2021 at 10:30.
a pibbur is offline

a pibbur

a pibbur's Avatar
Feeling … lonely?

#25

Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 10:42
What I do with politics is treat them as if they existed in a fantasy world like Forgotten Realms. Then even when you speak about it, you can't take it seriously, and whatever others think doesn't affect you that much, because idiocy in the Forgotten Realms is in character.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Nereida's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#26

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 10:59
I also had my retreat - in 2016, to be exact. I missed a LOT because I almost completely withdrew from everything. But then, I felt/thought that I needed it.

So, in my opinion, a withdrawal for some time can be healthy for the mind's health, so to say. Sometimes, it just gets too much.

It's also a little bit like fasting : Restraining oneself a bit.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#27

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 19,869
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

Default 

May 12th, 2021, 11:09
I voted no too. Keep posting your crpgs news threads please, I do read them.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.
bjon045 is offline

bjon045

bjon045's Avatar
SasqWatch

#28

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sigil
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 15:11
I don't have anything against you, but making posts like this just screams "give me attention".

Anywho, I don't see why you would need to delete your account (or why you would need a poll for it), but if that makes you happy, go for it.
--
Exitus acta probat.
wiretripped is offline

wiretripped

wiretripped's Avatar
Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#29

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leuven, BE
Posts: 2,203
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 16:30
You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.

No.

P.S. I also need another pervert cheater so I don't stand out so much
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is online now

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#30

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,472
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 17:22
Do what you feel that is best for you.
I've learned the hard way that staying in a community that does not feel "yours" is a chore.
Life is too short!
Chose well and be happy with it.
Strafe is offline

Strafe

Strafe's Avatar
Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

#31

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 17:22
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.
But is he a Steam Curator?
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Nereida's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#32

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,019
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 17:52
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
I don't have anything against you, but making posts like this just screams "give me attention".
So … maybe I should try it, too ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#33

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 19,869
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 18:01
Sorry @Couchpotato. You need the exercise in willpower.
You can simply choose not to log in or navigate to www.rpgwatch.com
Don't need to close your account for that.

Avoid the echo chamber that is 'politics' in this forum for your mental health. Its not really a discussion forum and more of a bandwagon party if you say the right things and a less than subtle knifing if you don't. Just be happy you probably won't live long enough to see the fall of your civilization
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!
Wisdom is offline

Wisdom

Wisdom's Avatar
Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#34

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,778
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 18:58
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.
I'm glad that you get a laugh out of it and will remain to do so.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#35

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,157
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 19:42
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.

No.

P.S. I also need another pervert cheater so I don't stand out so much
Eh…silver does a job posting news but yes the links I share in my thread rarely make the front-page. As for cheating I don't have time for 70+ hr games and it helps me finish.

@Wisdom Willpower nah we need more conservative republican US members.

As for the world can somebody just nuke it already.

Humans have run their course. End of the line folks. All disembark.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#36

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,158
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 19:49
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
You are finally listening to me. Huzzah! Political subforums only exist to reinforce tribalistic affiliations.
There are two completely different definitions for political debate, they are:

1. Debating topics from the perspective of personal bias combined with personal knowledge in an attempt to exchange ideas or prove or disprove concepts. To increase the understanding on a topic.

2. Football match type games, where the objective is to display ones colours as proudly as possible and to merely attack and defend based upon those colours with little interest or regard for either personal bias or personal knowledge.

The first example rarely results in problematic threads or behaviours. The latter is what political sections of websites usually fall victim to as it only takes one person to derail every single topic with copy-pasted propaganda or panic-stricken damage control.

The first is what is termed politics, the latter is what is termed realpolitik.
lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
SasqWatch

#37

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,826
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 20:55
Re: the vote. I'm afraid I didn't vote. I was too conflicted.

I remember many years back I managed to rile up Couch because I thoroughly enjoyed ripping the piss out of Dragon Age 2, as you do, only to discover it was a sensitive topic for him. He was currently on his 7th play through at that time IIRC.

It marked my card as being 'an insensitive poster' when I duly Lolled mercilessly.

And I have to say, it's been very hard for me to read anything he writes about RPGs in any way that could be regarded as 'with interest' ever since.

However, we really haven't clashed heads at all since then, barely a crossed word between us in many, many years. If it was an RPG slider we'd both be back at the zero mark, maybe even +1 with each other since then.

And it's without doubt that I'd definitely feel guilty if I voted yes as, even as much as I'd love to ban anyone who praised DA2, I mean, who wouldn't, it's a fact that @Couchpotato plays faaaaar more RPGs than me and is 10 x the RPG fan I am and it would therefore be absurd for me to think even for a moment that I should use my minor presence to remove his major presence.

but wait though

Does couch actually like real RPGs. Hmm, I'll have to think about this some more
lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
SasqWatch

#38

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,826
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 21:17
I don't even remember most of that. So Bravo good sir you get a cookie.

Still yeah we haven't really clashed on many threads in the last few years. Sure a few eye rolling here and there and such. Also DA2 has faults but it's still a decent RPG.

Oh snap RPG slider set to -1 again.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#39

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 26,158
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

Default 

May 16th, 2021, 21:21
Mmmmm Cookie!!

lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
SasqWatch

#40

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,826
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Should Couchpotato Close His Account?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:17.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch