Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Main Theme - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Main Theme

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Main Theme

February 24th, 2021, 18:29
Redglyph spotted the main theme of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous:

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Main theme - Live Orchestra

loading…

loading…

Go with the chorus, symphony orchestra and Owlcat music composers and discover how music for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous comes to life!
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

February 24th, 2021, 19:21
I'd say that is an appropriate amount of epicness!
Nice!

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

February 24th, 2021, 22:09
It's nice! Not quite the "bombastic epicness" of Skyrims main theme song but still a very pleasant bit of fantasy invoking music.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 24th, 2021, 23:50
This is probably my favourite kickstarter update so far for WotR

I remember playing WotR pre-alpha for the first time and the moment main theme started to play during the loading screen I went full fangirl mode and squeeee'd hard.

Loading time improved heaps for WotR so you never get to finish hearing the main theme so I just sit in starting screen now lol.

So far I love every single track I've heard in the game, especially the main theme and angel mythic theme. I do think music adds a lot to the game

purpleblob

Mentioned: Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 00:03
Yeah, the music is amazing in the game. I noticed this song the first time I heard it and I usually ignore music in games.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 09:55
It really fits the theme and the orchestra not only has instruments but also a choir, which adds another dimension and makes it complete.

In the recent games, the 3 main OSTs that marked me most is this one, Kingmaker and Divinity: Original Sin 2. Yeah, sometimes I just sit there, dreaming in front of the main menu and listening to the music

(Mick Gordon made a great job with Doom Eternal too, but it's a completely different genre - both game and music. I haven't played this one)

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 18:57
I'll have to be a dissenter on this one. The theme is not bad, but I think it's a fairly generic bit of fantasy bombast. I thought the Kingmaker theme was better, and the D:OS 2 theme far more interesting than either of them.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 19:04
I like less cluttered game themes, and this to me is cluttered and difficult to identify a tune that sticks in my mind - they seem to be aiming to something similar to BG2. Kai Rosenkranz tunes in the Gothics or Kirill Pokrovsky work in Divinity II are some of my favourites.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 21:19
Cluttered? That's really not the adjective that would come to my mind, and the tune seems pretty distinct to me, but to each their own

I wouldn't say bombast either, I think the theme is deliberately more epic to match the story and rhythm of the new game, so it is significant, but perhaps it's more difficult to find just the right balance in that style. Kingmaker had a completely different pace, and a similar, quieter theme would have sounded completely off with Wrath of the Righteous IMO.

Still, my preferred one would also be Divinity: Original Sin 2's main theme.

EDIT: I just realized, by listening to the OST of Kingmaker, that they had different music themes for the main areas, depending on the alignment I'd only heard the CG ones when playing. The tavern tracks really remind me of medieval festivals we had in town, so entertaining!
I'm usually not much into extra content, but the OST and the artbook are really quality items in this case, I hope it'll be the case of WotR too.
Last edited by Redglyph; February 25th, 2021 at 21:43.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

February 25th, 2021, 22:38
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
EDIT: I just realized, by listening to the OST of Kingmaker, that they had different music themes for the main areas, depending on the alignment I'd only heard the CG ones when playing.
Yes, the town music changes depending on your alignment and titled "Rule of <insert alignment>" - I really like all alignment tracks but in particular found rule of chaos and rule of good excellent

I think WotR music in general are better than Kingmaker because it feels like Owlcats have clearer vision and direction of the game as well as music

purpleblob

February 26th, 2021, 00:05
They announced no more game updates until April to allow them to focus on the new build and more content rather than small bugfixes.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

February 26th, 2021, 00:09
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
They announced no more game updates until April to allow them to focus on the new build and more content rather than small bugfixes.
Sounds a bit off-topic here, Pladio

I just started chap 3 so I still have plenty more to get through

purpleblob

February 26th, 2021, 01:24
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I think WotR music in general are better than Kingmaker because it feels like Owlcats have clearer vision and direction of the game as well as music
I haven't played it through yet, but it definitely feels that the role of the player is more focused and everything is more clearly connected. It's probably part of the story itself, but mainly it looks like they learned a lot from Kingmaker and could build on that. Let's hope they still have a few spells of Guidance to complete the crusade system (and that they don't feel compelled to release the game too early).

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

February 26th, 2021, 04:28
I'm reminded once again that, at some point, I really need to finish the first Pathfinder game!! Like, really.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

February 26th, 2021, 10:18
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I'm reminded once again that, at some point, I really need to finish the first Pathfinder game!! Like, really.
Me too. I have played like 120 hours and it just doesn't end! They could have made two games out of it

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 04:06
More music posted on Owlcat's youtube channel - this time, mythic power theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uITaghKWMMM

purpleblob

+1:

March 19th, 2021, 16:58
Yep, epic.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Solasta

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Main Theme