Elex IGN did NOT like Elex - 4.9/10

I must be the weird one who hasn't read a major review from a gaming site in years. Other than RPGWatch here, and that's more for moral support for my writing comrades. :biggrin:

Yet somehow we know the next game you play will be an automatic 10! :p

IGN's good for getting the latest cosplay fashionware, if you're into that. After reading a few of their CRPG reviews back in their early days, I left and never went back.

Yet somehow we know the next game you play will be an automatic 10! :p

Current game I'm playing is a 10. ELEX. :)

All others shall have to measure up to this masterpiece going forward. A tall task really. :p

I think ELEX is really good. Not a 10, but I'd rate it pretty high, and I'm usually quite stingy with my review scores.

I'm not finished yet due to having a lot of RL stuff going on over the past week, but I'll add my own review later on.

Off-hand though, I'd say it's better than any of the Risen titles in almost every way.

I don't rate games with numbers, and I don't try and be "objective" either, but ELEX is huge for me. Masterpiece status. It's an open world design I wish we saw more of, from the challenging design in almost every facet to the handcrafted feeling you get from the exploration, it's my kind of RPG. So to me, it's a masterpiece.

And it's probably my favorite PB game overall. Gothic 1 & 2 are up there but I love the huge scope of ELEX. And I'd say this is also the biggest release for me since Skyrim.

The same fuckwits at IGN is giving the new AC Origins 9/10!!!

Don't bother with IGN scores. Seriously, no point, all you can get from reading their reviews is Diarrhea. And besides it's not RPG centric site, but a site ment to brainwash masses.

About the new AC game RPG site says 6/10. But they played it on consoles a mediocre score doesn't surprise me:
https://www.rpgsite.net/review/6259-assassin-s-creed-origins-review

IGN is among the least reliable of the mainstream sites, I find. I prefer Gamespot, but they're not kind to low-budget EU games, so…

If I’m on the fence about a game I might check a review or two but usually I just avoid them since I know what game I like and will just buy them and see for myself.

Reviewers can’t really win though, because often they aren’t judged on the content of thier review. They’re judged on how the reader of the review feels about the game. Reviewer gives a game you like 6/10 and thier idiots, but when they give a game you like 9/10 thier geniuses and spot on.

Also there’s no true 1-10 scale everyone seems to think anything under an 8= bad.

Anyway I’ve got the next 2 weeks off and will be finding out about elex for myself. Which make since, I’ve never disagreed with a single one of my reviews.:)

Also there’s no true 1-10 scale everyone seems to think anything under an 8= bad.
Not everyone. If a game is under 5, that's what I consider bad.
8 would be highly above average.
Mainstream reviewers awarding garbage with 8 and above does not mean I'll ever accept their charade.

Reviewers giving a game 6/10 which I like, here is an example, ME4.
But that's their opinion and their taste. ME4 was worth 8 to me, but I wouldn't call the reviewer an idiot - all of them were obsessive over silly "tired faces" animations while ignoring what matters to me: grind tasks were not removed from the game.
Till reviewers start "punishing" grind and other outdated designs, I cannot expect my personal score to ever match theirs and vice versa. They're not idiots. They're just Homer's blind audience.

Back
Top Bottom