Cyberpunk 2077 - Rumor: Playable at E3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a rumor on PC Gamer that Cyberpunk 2077 will be playable at the E3 this year:

Polish website says Cyberpunk 2077 will be playable at E3

The rumor comes from two independent sources.

The Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account sputtered to life last week with a single, solitary "beep"—the first (and so far, only) word to come out of it after four full years of silence. Now a rumor has surfaced on Polish site GRYOnline (via Google Translate) that a new trailer for the game will be shown at this year's E3, and that it will in fact be playable—although only behind closed doors.

[...]
More information.

We need to deploy the Watch's Polish spies...

I don't care about demos, gimme more Platige's CGI!

It would be great to hear or even to see something concrete this time around.

According to few,but to a certain someone over DSOG the game is not being made at all. He/she says the company is in a mess,many leaving CDPR,and the new engine is done very recently. That even if we get the game,it will be a total disaster.

I think that it is a overreaction,to say the least. But I don't know all the details.
And I don't think CDPR would allow themselves to fall from grace...at least not yet.
But,at the same time,I might be wrong.

Are you being serious? They haven’t said anything for years, how is that too much hype?

I kinda agree with Gloomseeker, Cyberpunk 2077 hype is currently way too high for, as you say, something we haven't heard off officially in years.

The hype doesn't have anything about any information about the game itself though, lots of people are hyped because they are expecting CDPR to just make The Witcher 3 with guns in a scifi setting.

Reading the game sub-forums is pretty weird, you would expect the place filled by Cyberpunk junkies, but instead you see multiplayer shooters and TW3 fans.

I kinda agree with Gloomseeker, Cyberpunk 2077 hype is currently way too high for, as you say, something we haven't heard off officially in years.

The hype doesn't have anything about any information about the game itself though, lots of people are hyped because they are expecting CDPR to just make The Witcher 3 with guns in a scifi setting.

Reading the game sub-forums is pretty weird, you would expect the place filled by Cyberpunk junkies, but instead you see multiplayer shooters and TW3 fans.

Ah, I get it now. I thought he meant CDPR was hyping the game to much. My mistake.

I haven't followed anything with it so I haven't noticed the hype but it doesn't surprise me. Lots of rabid witcher 3 fans out there.

That's kind of a redundant observation isn't it? Any game's subforums are going to be filled with fans of that developer.

Not just fans in this case (wipes off foam) RABID fans!

The only thing harder than following up on Witcher 3, though, is following up on nostalgic memories of Witcher 3. The longer they take, the more that will happen.

Those rumors sound pretty gossipy to me…but even if it were true, meh. Not interested in Cyberpunk 2077, just not a fan of cyberpunk settings. I'm probably one of the only ones, or perhaps the only regular here at rpg watch, that isn't interested in this game…heh.

I'm only interested in the sense that when they finish this game, what their next game will be, and if they are continuing the Witcher series, or will there be a new fantasy game set in the Witcher universe.

That's kind of a redundant observation isn't it? Any game's subforums are going to be filled with fans of that developer.

That's kind of a redundant observation isn't it?

Any game's subforums are going to be filled with fans being overly defensive ;)

*kisses*

I have to agree though that any significant amount of hype is too much considering that, afaik, they've yet to actually show us anything other than concepts.

You won't get anything playable.
CDpr is not about gameplay.

I certainly hope it's true that we'll get something playable at E3.

If CD themselves come out and say there will be a playable Demo I will believe it.

I would be more incline to believe there will be a game play Demo as I don't see this being release for at least 2 more years.

It would be ironic if the game were to be released in 2020.

I've been into Cyberpunk stuff since I read William Gibson's Neuromancer in the early 90s but I find it hard to be thrilled about the game considering we know nothing about it (hence my interrogation above).

Furthermore this can't play like the Witcher 3, the game can't hinge on only one character since the pen and paper RPG was all about classes (just like D&D) unless they do away with all that (in which case using the Cyberpunk name is nothing more than getting some sort of brand recognition).

In any case, it's best to keep one's expectations low. I've been disappointed when I played Seven The Days Long Gone because I expected a lot more. Here just having the Cyberpunk title conjures up many expectations and it's unlikely that all these will be fulfilled especially considering that the game won't cater to fans alone but will have to appeal to a much larger player base made of gamers who know very little about the genre and even less about the pen and paper RPG of the same name.

Furthermore this can't play like the Witcher 3, the game can't hinge on only one character since the pen and paper RPG was all about classes (just like D&D) unless they do away with all that (in which case using the Cyberpunk name is nothing more than getting some sort of brand recognition).

I hadn't really thought about it but that's a good point. I'd assumed it would be a fixed protagonist like the Witcher, but I'd be more interested in it if there was character creation. Here's hoping we get a bit more information at E3…

Back
Top Bottom