Fallout TV Series

They would really need to find the correct writers and showrunner to make this work, but it could be done brilliantly. Fingers crossed, as this could also suck hard enough to take the plating off the space shuttle.

The Movie inspired by a Videogame, inspired by a Videogame, inspired by a Videogame, inspired by a Movie.

You can't make a movie - it's so rich it has to be series.

I mean, we're not talking about Fallout 76 mmo2tv here, right?
If we are, then we'll get bullshit.
If not, I'll probably need some heart condition medicine to survive a few days before it starts airing.

Wow - it will be interesting to see what way this goes. Other people I meet in real life knowing what Nuka Cola is?? It's already crazy enough with them knowing a witcher from a witch.
I hope Bethesda is as little involved as possible.
Well it better not be Irrational or the characters are going to be set up in Vault π! ;)

Looking forward to this, in whatever form. As long as they keep the 50's cheesiness and it's not just another post-apoc show that uses the title. It worked with The Witcher.

Maybe there is hope for a Mass Effect series...

I'm not sure how well Fallout humor will translate to a TV show tbh. Hopefully they don't go overboard with it.

[Jonathan] Nolan and Lisa Joy, who signed a blockbuster overall deal with Amazon last year, will exec produce alongside Athena Wickham for Kilter Films, with Todd Howard as an EP for Bethesda Game Studios, and James Altman for Bethesda Softworks.

I really have my doubts. But who knows, perhaps Todd can take something from it to add to the games' recycled supermutants, raiders, and zombies ghouls.

I'm not sure how well Fallout humor will translate to a TV show tbh. Hopefully they don't go overboard with it.
Perks like sexpert, impossible.
But the (side)story content should not be hard to transfer, for example, why would a shotgun wedding be problematic to film?

We cannot know if the show will target dumbsters and ignorant fools thus all crazy things removed (pop culture refs, the dead whale for example), on the other hand it's being made by authors who previously didn't shy from 18+ so I'm still expecting things like rubber doll "quest".

Given how current telly series are, for the most part, basically unwatchable these days, I've not high hopes for this. I'd be thoroughly pleased to be proven wrong. so that's what I'm hoping for. Best to proceed with seriously lowered expectations these days.

Hopefully they hire proper writers and make a worthy effort to turn it into a good series. Curious to see what they do with supermutants.

Given how current telly series are, for the most part, basically unwatchable these days, I've not high hopes for this. I'd be thoroughly pleased to be proven wrong. so that's what I'm hoping for. Best to proceed with seriously lowered expectations these days.

You can't huck a dead cat without hitting a good to great TV series.

Given how current telly series are, for the most part, basically unwatchable these days
Eh?
It's not.
Stop following mainstream and explore exotics already.

I don't watch much telly, would probably watch the fallout TV series then get really cross with it. I did watch the World of Warcraft movie and just didn't relate to it, except when a murloc appeared. I glanced at a few minutes of the Witcher and didn't like it, bit too Game of Thrones for me, which is odd as I have never seen GoT.

I don't watch much telly, would probably watch the fallout TV series then get really cross with it. I did watch the World of Warcraft movie and just didn't relate to it, except when a murloc appeared. I glanced at a few minutes of the Witcher and didn't like it, bit too Game of Thrones for me, which is odd as I have never seen GoT.

*Chef's kiss*

Mainstream, me? Man, I make my own damn river. I've tried lots of shows that simply should be excellent, and they just fail, utterly. I don't want stupid agendas or preaching at me, just a good tale with decent direction and a fine cast. After seeing Picard practically neutered, the one franchise I've really given up on is Star Drek. I will, however, keep watching that fine Deep Space nine show...when repeats beat the new stuff, you know there is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom