Fallout 3 Fallout 3?

I liked Close to the Edge a little better, but Relayer was great, too.

Me, I'm a bit odd : I like The Ladder much more, and Magnification even a tiny bit more, perhaps due to my love for Classic Rock in general. ;)

Consequently, I like the version of Close To The edge most which was played during the Magnification tour. ;) (I watched them in Düsseldorf, Germany).

This can be found on the "Symphonic Live" album, which was a great disappointment to me (like the tour), because you don't hear much of the orchestra especially on older songs. Except in Close To The Edge.

On the other hand, I don't like "Talk" at all. Except for one song, it's totally horrible for my taste.

I'm planning to buy Keystudio at one point in the future.

As a sidenote, I lived ABWH very much as well, but I don't have many older albums yet. Except the "Yesyears" 4-CD box.

IMO the albums from "The Yes Album" to "Going for the One" are the YES classics, including "Tales from Topographic Oceans". I also happen to like "Tormato","Drama" and 90125, but not as much. I stopped following them after "Union".

AWBH was good.

IMO the albums from "The Yes Album" to "Going for the One" are the YES classics, including "Tales from Topographic Oceans". I also happen to like "Tormato","Drama" and 90125, but not as much. I stopped following them after "Union".

AWBH was good.

"Tales" COULD have been an excellent album with the 2nd track edited down by 7 or 8 minutes and the 3rd track (which was a mess) completely removed.

As it is it's still a good album and worth it for the 1st & last track.

"Drama" is actually underrated, not great but not a bad album at all.

It's funny, been a long time fan but still don't own "Tormato" or "90125"! "Big Generator" was ok but "Union" was TERRIBLE! Except for the live albums, I haven't picked up anything after "Union"

After "Relayer" I would say "Tales" or "Close To The Edge". I think some of the material was stronger on "Tales" but "Close" is a lot more focused so it's a tie.

But the greatest song they've recorded to date for me would be "Awaken"!
Nothing they've done, except for "Gates Of Delirium" even comes close!

And to keep it on topic: Fallout3 disappointed me like "Union" did!!! I expected SO MUCH and go SO LITTLE :D Ok, actually it was Oblivion that did that - Fallout 3 was a little bit of an improvement.

And Alrik: "Selling England By The Pound" BEST Genesis album after "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"!
:D

And Alrik: "Selling England By The Pound" BEST Genesis album after "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"!
:D

I wholeheartedly agree. :) I just love this album. :)

The Lamb is very complex in things, and very experimental, meanwhile my personal feeling of Selling is that everything is just very much balanced and just smooth. :)
It's my personal perception, of course. ;)

My other favourites by Genesis are rather Trespass and We Can't Dance. Although I like all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom