Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Microtransactions Gone

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Monolith & WB finally removed Microtransactions from Middle-earth Shadow of War.

Link - https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...of-war-one-update-to-rule-them-all-out-today/
Free Reign

We’ve completely removed the market and microtransactions from Shadow of War. Now we have the Garrison where Orcs you recruit through Online Vendettas and Ranked Conquests will be stored, and you can now spend in-game Mirian to train, upgrade and customize your personal Orc army.

The Shadow Wars

The post-campaign Epilogue has been massively streamlined and polished to include new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion. Victory in the Epilogue rewards you with the masks of the Nazgûl, unlocks powerful new abilities to raise the dead, summon more powerful monsters or curse your enemies. And if you want to keep upgrading and defending your fortresses and your army in Mordor, you can do so after the final credits roll.

More Power to You

In addition to new Nazgûl gear, the level cap has been increased to 80, and you can level up faster with greater XP rewards for Nemesis missions, defeating Captains and online fort assaults. New Prestige Skills available after Act III can be unlocked multiple times. You can also spend Mirian to upgrade your gear to your current level if you can complete the upgrade challenge.

New Skins

Take the fight to Sauron as Celebrimbor, reliving the first War for Mordor or as Dark Eltariel.

Nemesis Improvements

Even the Orcs have some presents for you. There are more Legendary Orcs to encounter, followers can now surprise you with the occasional gift. And if you think your followers are too keen to help and have been stealing your kills, you can turn off the savior feature in the menu.

blog playstation.
lol

Anyways, this trash sells appearently for just a few bucks on cdkeys.
PC version ofc. And so called goty edition, hahahahauaa, omg Warner.
I might buy this junk, the price seems acceptable, will decide later.

Couch, you've made my day bright unintentionally again.

[EDIT]
https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/17/shadow-of-war-free-update-demo/
Removal of the Market: The market and microtransactions have been completely removed from Shadow of War. Orcs recruited through Online Vendettas and Ranked Conquests will now be stored in the Garrison, and in-game Mirian can now be used to train, upgrade and customize your personal Orc army.

Changes to the Shadow Wars: Renamed the Epilogue, the post-campaign has been vastly streamlined to include new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion. Victory in the Epilogue rewards players with the Masks of the Nazgûl, unlocks powerful new abilities to raise the dead, curse enemies and summons more powerful monsters. And players also have the option to continue upgrading and defending their fortresses and army in Mordor after the final credits conclude.

More Ways to Customize & Build Your Character:
The follower level cap has now been increased to 80 and the enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85. Plus, players can level up faster with greater XP rewards for Nemesis Missions, defeating Captains and Online Conquests. New Prestige Skills are available and offer incremental upgrades to skills. Players can also spend Mirian to upgrade gear to current levels by completing the upgrade challenge, and these gear upgrades now allow players to re-roll abilities for the perfect combo.

Nemesis Improvements: There are more Legendary Orcs to encounter, more ways to get Training Orders (incl. Legendary Training Orders) and followers can now surprise players with the occasional gift. And if any followers are too keen to help out and have been stealing kills, there is now the option to turn off the Savior feature in the menu.
New Player Skins: Players can now take the fight to Sauron as Celebrimbor, reliving the first War for Mordor, or battle as Dark Eltariel and Baranor.
Full patch notes:
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Of...dow-of-War-Patch-14-July-17-2018/td-p/1882311

Last edited:
That's the first one that's selling for a few bucks joxer, that one didn't have microtransactions. It did have a bunch of DLC, but nowadays it sells with all of them bundled (GOTY edition) for $5 or so on pretty much any storefront.

I didn't like the gameplay, but the atmosphere made me play it until the end. Maybe I try the second one when it is $5 and bundled with all DLC.

I liked the first one esp climbing high and then backstab via jumping from above. Anyway that's just me. I think with the second one they are just trying to salvage the IP; they didn't realize the negative response to micro-transaction. Don't have a clue if the game itself is any good - while the first one was fun (to myself) the changes to the second didn't grab me - maybe - when i'm bored and finish playing all the other games that are in the backlog....

That's the first one that's selling for a few bucks joxer, that one didn't have microtransactions. It did have a bunch of DLC, but nowadays it sells with all of them bundled (GOTY edition) for $5 or so on pretty much any storefront.
Sorry, my mistake, never cared about the first one, seeing what it plays like on TB's sortof review, it's AC grinder clone.

Anyway, someone wake me up when the sequel drops to $5 please.

The rumor is they've reduced the excessive grind that plagued the release version.
We'll know soon enough if it's true.

Monolith & WB finally removed Microtransactions from Middle-earth Shadow of War.
Shadow of War is back on the menu, boys!

I had fun with the first game but it got too easy. The whole nemesis system faded away simply because I wasn't dying to anything. I'm looking forward to playing this one, though.

$85 for the game plus story DLC, though... kinda pricey. We'll see what it costs after I get done with Rebirth, Endless Space 2, Death of the Outsider, and Deux Ex:MD. And maybe Kingdom Come.

Right, browsing through GMG sale I noticed converted from pounds sterling the price is cca 30€ there (less than on Steam). Full game, so called gold edition, ofc. Why are they calling a proper game "gold"? Shouldn't they not call it anyhow and slap on mutilated versions with some deminutives instead?
Anyway, not sure should I budge and play it as warming up for Yakuza 0 or wait more.
Did anyone went into it after removal of milkingware?

I enjoyed the first game for what it was. Biggest problems imo are lack of difficulty and repetitive gameplay. I do really enjoy the combat though so I’m able to get plenty of hours of enjoyment out of them before I get bored.

Shadow of war is in my backlog and I’ll for sure play it at some point.

I've started playing it. Remembering the last game, I did it at "Nemesis" difficulty level but I wasn't quite able to handle it. Captains were getting made/levelled faster than I could deal with them. So I restarted in Normal mode. Turns out that was silly of me - this version of the game lets you change difficulty if you want. There's more than one difficulty above normal so I don't think there's going to be a difficulty problem this time.

I'm having fun with it so far. It's starting out much like the earlier game but this time you're going to be able to do FAR more with the orcs you turn. Or at least I will eventually - I just got to the point where I can turn orcs to my side.

I don't know if you'll like it, joxer. There's a lot of respawning. The funny things the orcs say might balance it out but I don't know…

But I do know how to find out. There's a free demo right there on the Steam page! Go play around in that and find out. (Well, free if you don't have usage caps. This game is a BIG download.)

I don't know if you'll like it, joxer. There's a lot of respawning. The funny things the orcs say might balance it out but I don't know…
To me orcs' "taunts" are actually fun, I'm plodding through respawns just because I like chiefs' different personalities. :)

Do note that you can run past anything and all hostiles will abandon the chase if you do a double jump somewhere. This helps immensly, if I'm entering a fight against a respawned group that's only because one or more are marked with white or green plumbob (intel, runes and $).

A hint so it doesn't hit your nerves too soon - don't waste time on minibosses earlygame because although you can kill them, you can't recruit them yet. When ambushed, run away. Ignore those 3 turns sidequests on the map, nothing of practical use to get there earlygame except some xp.
Rush Ubisoft towers and collectibles those reveal on the map for crapload of skillpoints and force the main story till you start building an army of your own.

I've started building an army of my own but, when I first got the ability, I was lower level than every captain on the field. There's been a lot of public shaming going on. Luckily, I've got a ring that adds 3 levels upon recruitment.

The very first one I recruited has turned out great. He summons trolls. He was really hard to beat but, once I got him, it made the game a good bit easier. Unfortunately, the game forced me to send the next couple of captains off to die so it could explain some of the orders I could give.

Back
Top Bottom