XCOM 2 - Another DLC Expansion?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameWatcher reports that another DLC expansion for XCOM 2 could be on its way.

Fans have spotted that Firaxis seem working on something within XCOM 2, and going by Steam Database they've opened a new DLC entry for the game - suggesting a new expansion for XCOM 2 similar to War of the Chosen may be on the way.

There has been a lot of activity around XCOM 2 within Steam, which suggests that Firaxis are preparing something major for the game.

[...]
More information.

And I haven't gotten around to buying and playing War of the Chosen yet...damn.

I bet the DLC name is Milkmeagain.

If it's again some new content integrated to the main campaign, I'll pass this time.

I want to see progress. just let us invade fancy alien worlds and take revenge by breaking all their purple shits.

Bring me more :)

I still haven't picked up the first expansion, as I found the base game rather simple, but keep them coming and I'll grab them all at once sometime in the future. I was thinking maybe they'd have a whole new game out sooner rather than later, but that looks to be incorrect.

The last expansion was really good; and actually the dlc for the original xcom 2 were not so bad. I'd be happy with another expansion if it is as good as the last one.

Joker likes to spit out the milkme crap as an automated response but i think the last expansion was actually very decent value.

The last expansion was really good; and actually the dlc for the original xcom 2 were not so bad. I'd be happy with another expansion if it is as good as the last one.

Joker likes to spit out the milkme crap as an automated response but i think the last expansion was actually very decent value.
Same. I really enjoyed it and played through it completely once and then had several run throughs with different mods too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well on one hand I'm interested but on another isn't to late for new content?

Last edited:
I think fans of War of the Chosen would return to the game if any subsequent DLC were as good as that expansion. But that's a high bar to match IMO.

I think fans of War of the Chosen would return to the game if any subsequent DLC was as good as that expansion. But that's a high bar to match IMO.

Lol.
It was terrible. I hope it is not that level of "quality".

It was only good if you are a kiddy that plays games that offer barely any challenge because it cannot take losing anything without going into a kiddy rage

Unless they fundamentally change the strategic aspect of the game and do something about the abysmal RNG influence - I'm probably done with modern X-Com. Which is unfortunate, because I loved so much about it.

It's never too late…
Underrail is also getting an expansion.

If its a good game it's always good.

Age of empires 2 got one too recently :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Yes but I believe a new game would be better at this point.

This game already takes almost 100 GB of space anymore would be crazy. Sadly I'll purchase it as I'm an XCOM junkie, and I'll hate my self later for doing so.

As for Age of empires the whole franchise is just a cash cow nowadays.

(…)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A game like this, to me, never expires. It's not a 1-and-done play, as your typical RPG is, so any new content is great. I don't want to admit how much time I've spent playing XCOM 1 & 2...

Haven’t gotten around to playing this yet so I guess I’ll wait longer.

Story of my gaming existence right now.

What I really want is xcom 2 engine improvements for xcom 2 vanilla so I can continue playing Long War 2 without crazy load times, bad FPS and other bugs.
All Firaxis has proven is that each of their expansions make their game easier and more stupid.

Firaxis had one moment of genius when they paid to have Pavonis make Long War 2 but after that went back to brainfart status by killing support for it before it was 100% ready and then making WotC completely not support it.

Huh? Long War 2 was great stuff. There's always more that could be added but I think it was in a fine state when I stopped playing it. Sad that WotC didn't work with it, though - that's a big reason I haven't gotten the second DLC. I might just want to go finish up the Long War…

Back
Top Bottom