Fallout 3 and New Vegas - Updated on Steam DB

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Apoqsi Fallout 3 and New Vegas have received sizeable content patches and there has been an update to the Steam DB.

Looks like Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas GOT UPDATED on the Steam Database! What could it mean? Is Bethesda finally fixing the games? Are they preparing for a Fallout 3 Remaster & New Vegas Remaster?
Let's discuss in the comments!

Fallout 3 DB: https://steamdb.info/app/22300/dlc/
New Vegas DB: https://steamdb.info/app/22380/dlc/
SteamDB FAQ: https://steamdb.info/faq/
More information.

Well who knows really as I see it we might get:

A: Remasters which you have to pay $40-50 again.
B: Creation Club getting added for more monetization.
C: A Few patches to make them work better on WIN10.
D: Nothing as Bethesda just Updated the Steam DB.

Pick your poison everyone. :)

My money is on a clunkyass downloader/creation kit interface like they implemented for FO4.

Which would imply BethMods bs, which would mean nextgen Xbox support, which would hopefully mean better engine memory management.

Which would also mean hundreds, possibly thousands of broken mods until NVSE can be updated for a new FNV binary. And possibly permanently broken F3SE mods as it's pretty unrealistic to ask the SE team to revisit a clunky game made 10 years ago simply because Bethesda wakes up one day to try to squeeze a couple more bucks without any significant improvements.

In other words, download a base copy of FO3/FNV now and back it up. Before Beth's worthless toys and trinkets break everything.

Very interesting! Especially as I have been debating trying FO3 again. May be worth waiting a bit to see what develops.

On a side note a quick thank you to @Silver; for doing such a great news job around here - you post a lot and I really enjoy the work you do so thanks!

Fo3 getting a 6gig update, sounds like a texture pack.

On a side note a quick thank you to @Silver; for doing such a great news job around here - you post a lot and I really enjoy the work you do so thanks!

Yeah totally agree. :)

If this is a texture pack I'll be happy. I haven't played FO3 in a long time but quite enjoyed it when I did. I guess we'll see.

Well to be honest fallout 3 graphics are fine at 1440p. I'm sure no one would complain about texture pack but i doubt it is needed. Then again maybe they ported it to new ps4 and xbox for 4k.
-
I wish they would take a clue that folks just don't want the creation club garbage.

Personally, I don't think Fallout three needs any boosts in the graphics, but if you want to add more quests to extend the gameplay, I'd be all for that. Doesn't even have to be quests, any additional content would be most welcome.

Those saying fo3 doesn't need a texture pack must never have seen nmcs textures,.... They make a huge difference and fo3 is loaded with low res assets, hence the file size.
Now we know why Bethesda put the kybosh on fo3 in fo4.

Didn't have a problem with FO3's graphics out of the box. But after using nmc's textures, I couldn't go back lol. In light of that, can't really get excited about a possible texture pack.

Perhaps a Creation Club thing for FO3 with a remaster in the future

The biggest thing Fo3 needs isn't superficial textures already available elsewhere but rather an engine port into FNV for ironsights and proper crafting. Which is already available w/ TTW.

Really, any update is an absolutely terrible idea after all this time. Bethesda is going to break so many mods whose mod authors have long since moved on. It's been 10 years!

One can dream about some DLC dealing with what exactly happened between Fallout 3 and 4 in DC. Always wondered about the disaster hinted in Fallout 4.

Right in the middle of a FNV heavily modded playthrough, I better check that steam is set to not update the game. I wonder the chances this can break my game saves?

Fo3 getting a 6gig update, sounds like a texture pack.

How do you know the size of the update? I'm not seeing that info anywhere.

Personally, I don't think Fallout three needs any boosts in the graphics, but if you want to add more quests to extend the gameplay, I'd be all for that. Doesn't even have to be quests, any additional content would be most welcome.

If they're going to go through the trouble of giving it any kind of significant update, I'd like to see both graphics and mechanics updated. At least bring it up to FO4 standards.

As far as quests go, I think it already has more than enough content. Instead of adding more, just clean up what's already there. I wouldn't mind seeing them rewrite some of the dialogue so certain things made a little more sense within the game world. Like the quest with the ridiculous wannabe vampires for example.

Apoqsi admitted in the comments that the actual update is about 197mb - not 5+ gigs

Back
Top Bottom