Chronos: Before the Ashes - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PC Gamer Chronos: Before the Ashes was announced last month by THQ Nordic and is set for a December 1st release.

Chronos is an RPG from Gunfire Games that we liked quite a bit when it was released in 2016. "Gunfire Games knows how to imbue combat with weight and a sense of rhythm," we said in our 84/100 review. "The Chronos team previously worked on Darksiders and Darksiders 2, and like those games, Chronos requires that you master the basic techniques of attacking, dodging and parrying, or even simple enemies will take you down."

Unfortunately, it was released exclusively for the Oculus Rift VR headset, and so despite the positive critical response it didn't get a whole lot of attention from mainstream audiences. So now, THQ Nordic is taking another run at it with Chronos: Before the Ashes, revealed today and set to come out on December 1.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

that must be one of the most retarded trailers ever
Funny enough its the same trailer as the older version from 2016 just edited with more footage. Kinda reminds of the old game commercials from the late 70's & 80's.:lol:

It is a bit of a weird advert. I don't have anything against little girls dancing with a cat, but I feel a game trailer should ideally have more than 10 seconds of game in it.

Looks a bit too action-y for my tastes. I like ARPGs like Diablo and Grim Dawn just fine, not so much action "RPGs" like this. Anything that's labeled "Souls-like" I know is meant for reflexes and patience far younger than mine... :)

For someone who likes the works of Steven Spielberg, Chris Columbus and the faux 80ies style of "Super 8" or "Dark" or "Stranger Things" this trailer was great.

It especially reminded me of Joey.

Back
Top Bottom