Legends of Dawn - Update #15, Sarium Dungeon

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Legends of Dawn devs bring us update number 15, which is about the Sarium Dungeon.
Sarium Outpost Dungeon! (Stretch Goal)
We just finished implementation of the Sarium Outpost dungeon! This dungeon was made due to the high Kickstarter support, so thank you all our supporters.
For all of you, this dungeon was made as an end point of one of the quests. You will have to find specific relic that used to be in the Sarium Outpost. That's small fort at the north of the map. Sarium Outpost was overrun by monsters and destroyed and relic used to be in it. Right now, relic is beneath the outpost, in the dungeon that used to be cellar that expands into natural caves. There was last stand where soldiers of the outpost withdrew beneath the outpost in hopes to defend against the monsters. You will encounter temporary barracks, priest's quarters, ancient mausoleum and more. Somewhere in the dark and real deep, where nobody goes, stands an ancient monument, with all the backer names.
sariumdungeon%20(1).jpg
More information.

A mobrespawning dungeon? Who cares? Give us the game already and release mod tools ASAP.

Um... Wrong forum, I'm gonna repost this on their official one. ;)

Where does it say the dungeon will be a re-spawning area? I read that it is necessary to enter the dungeon to retrieve a relic item for one of the quests.

I think we won't see this game until between 2 and 3rd quarter. They were claiming the game was almost done over a year ago. Incorporation of voice overs are going to take some time. I don't want a bugfest, there seems to be a lot of features in this so as far as I'm concerned it can cook til its done and let me finish some of the stuff on the backburner.

The game is respawning mobs everywhere, including dungeons. However, according to devs, the respawning doesn't happen in a few secs like in idiotic grinding based MMOs, but after a long cooldown period. If I understood it correctly, it also won't work like in 99% of jRPGs where once you kill everything in an area, then exit and reenter that same area, it's again fully populated.

Not only that, if a mob spawned during ingame daytime it won't be the same one that appears only during nighttime. Hopefully, this means it won't be role playing a nonintelligent pesticide with a major quest to terminate billions of the same (boring, annoying) mobs.

Hopefully, this means it won't be role playing a nonintelligent pesticide with a major quest to terminate billions of the same (boring, annoying) mobs.
Right :lol:

The way I interpreted it was you go in to get the item killing needed mobs along the way then leave never to return

Hmmm, joxxer whining about mob-respawns?

How very surprising...

Sorry for double-posting but I was curious about joxxer's innate hatred of respawning and did a quick search.

In his last 500 posts, the word respawn (usually prefixed with 'endless') showed up 20 times. More often than not, these were complaints.

So joxxer's (projected) complaint ratio is 20/500 = 0.04 = 4%. So in the same vein of how GF = "gold find" and MF = "magic find", let us refer to joxxer's condition as "nitpick find" or NF.

Joxxer's NF is currently 4%. Interestingly, it rises exponentially when KoA: Reckoning is mentioned.

I expect that when JRPGs or MMOs are mentioned, this will rise even more.

I will continue to observe this fascinating phenomenon.

Sorry for double-posting but I was curious about joxxer's innate hatred of respawning and did a quick search.

In his last 500 posts, the word respawn (usually prefixed with 'endless') showed up 20 times. More often than not, these were complaints.

So joxxer's (projected) complaint ratio is 20/500 = 0.04 = 4%. So in the same vein of how GF = "gold find" and MF = "magic find", let us refer to joxxer's condition as "nitpick find" or NF.

Joxxer's NF is currently 4%. Interestingly, it rises exponentially when KoA: Reckoning is mentioned.

I expect that when JRPGs or MMOs are mentioned, this will rise even more.

I will continue to observe this fascinating phenomenon.

Don't forget skyrims 500+ bugs.

Well, I have to agree with joxer - I've never been a fan of respawning monsters, unless it's very regulated (such as Gothic where there's only a little respawning, which occurs between chapters).

I'm indifferent myself. Although if the combat is fun, I would appreciate respawns.

I think respawning is required in some types of games or else it defeats the purpose of that type of game, like diablo for instance.

Back
Top Bottom