What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Speaking of the Death Wish remake, I was bored recently and looked for something hokey and random to watch on Amazon Prime Video so I decided on Death Wish 2 (1982) with Charles Bronson. Terrible film but it's a blast watching then relatively unknown actors that would go on to better things playing vicious daughter-raping thugs, like Lawrence Fishburne, hilariously holding up his big boombox to protect his head from a hail of bullets fired from Charlie's gun. The boombox let poor Larry down and reminded me of that old story about bad guys hiding behind refrigerators and discovering the stopping power of Desert Eagle .50 caliber handguns.

4. Rampage - Didn't except much from a game based on an 80's Era video game, but hey it has the Rock, and it was a good popcorn time waster.

Just watched Skyscraper. I'm assuming they are similar. A movie with an awful plot but that is still a fun way to kill time with some popcorn.

Just watched Skyscraper. I'm assuming they are similar. A movie with an awful plot but that is still a fun way to kill time with some popcorn.
I haven't watched that one yet but I would say yes.

As a long time Dwayne Johnson fan you know what to expect.

As a long time Dwayne Johnson fan you know what to expect.

You sure you know what to expect? I know I dropped my jaw:

A long time ago it was Lucy Lawless who's character said "I have many skills". But that was a fantasy character. Johnson is for real.

Of course he didn't, with his Schedule of filming like 7235683475678465 movies per year, there is no time for everything. :)

Just finished three more movies this week.

1. Justice League - Bad reviews by critics again but I enjoyed watching it. Wont spoil anything but the whole resurrection of a certain character was not surprising.

2. Deadpool 2 - More of the same as part one but still hilarious and fun. To bad Disney now own the IP and they don't like R-Rated movies. Third part is uncertain.

3. Avengers Infinity War - Wow just wow what happens in this film is mind boggling. You never see endings like this in previous super hero movies.

Avengers Infinity War - Wow just wow what happens in this film is mind boggling. You never see endings like this in previous super hero movies.

Until you remember it's a franchise making billions of dollars - and that characters will be ressed if and when it suits the suits :) It's meaningless, really.

I despised the vast majority of super-hero movies I've seen, starting with Christopher Reeves' Superman way back when, but the ending to Watchmen was quite unexpected. I enjoyed the original theatrical release very much but the extended "director's cut" made me never want to see it again.

Has anyone seen the Korean movie The Spy Gone North? Looks like my cup of tea, but doesn't seem to be showing here.

Typically, I find horror films about as frightening as a pomeranian with flatulence, but I did find Hereditary pretty effectively creepy, in parts. It's another film that I found frustrating, because there are some really strong aspects, particularly in some of the performances, but it's all built on top of a rather clichéd old ghost story. If they had been a bit more subtle, perhaps not even been clear about whether the supernatural element was real or a representation of the psychological distress of families and loss, it could have been something quite special.

Watched an 8 year old film called Kick-Ass (2010) yesterday for the first time. And here I thought Logan (2017) was the first super-hero film to show little kids killing people, and a lot of them!

Hereditary was hilarious in the sense that even though EVERYTHING is very clearly explained with that ridiculous hand holding in the end, many movie-goers still didn't understand what was going on. Reminds me of the old adage: Three kinds of people in the world - 1. Those that make things happen. 2. Those that watch things happen, and finally, those who ask: "What happened?" I still enjoyed it more than The Witch though, which was the polar opposite of Hereditary with its many ambiguities.

kick ass was amusing the first time i saw it. Yea it is a bit bloody. THere is a nice interview about how she describes how she wasn't allowed to watch the movies she made (the other one (which is actually a good movie was Let me in).

kick ass was amusing the first time i saw it. Yea it is a bit bloody. THere is a nice interview about how she describes how she wasn't allowed to watch the movies she made (the other one (which is actually a good movie was Let me in).

Watched Kick-Ass 2 tonight for shits n giggles. Man, that is some violent shit. I think Jim Carrey after he saw the finished print disapproved of its gore, not to mention numerous scenes of projectile vomiting that looks like 20 rock stars' semen being pumped from a groupie's sick stomach, and teenage girls with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting simultaneously. Not a psychologically healthy movie at all.

Watched Kick-Ass 2 tonight for shits n giggles. Man, that is some violent shit. I think Jim Carrey after he saw the finished print disapproved of its gore, not to mention numerous scenes of projectile vomiting that looks like 20 rock stars' semen being pumped from a groupie's sick stomach, and teenage girls with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting simultaneously. Not a psychologically healthy movie at all.

Last edited:
Watched Time Trap, a sci-fi/adventure movie from 2017 about some teenagers who are trapped in a mysterious cave where time passes differently than on the outside. Pretty fun movie overall, even if you have to turn off your brain a bit. Neat what if experience. Recommended.

Until you remember it's a franchise making billions of dollars - and that characters will be ressed if and when it suits the suits :) It's meaningless, really.
Yes, and the whole throwing every superhero together never made sense to me.

Though, I also thought the deadpool 2 and the avengers movie were pretty fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom