Fallout 76 - Review @ Gamespew - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 76 - Review @ Gamespew

Default Fallout 76 - Review @ Gamespew

November 22nd, 2018, 21:28
Gamespew thinks Fallout 76 is abysmal:

Fallout 76 Review

I never imagined that one of the worst games Iíd play this year would be a Fallout game.

Fallout 76 is bad, and not even in a ďitís so bad itís kinda goodĒ way. Thereís nothing I can say thatís fun or exciting about Fallout 76. In my time spent with the title, Iíve never been impressed with any element of it. Itís simply a disaster.

Confused and confusing, thatís what Fallout 76 is. Billed as the multiplayer Fallout game weíve all been waiting for yet also completely playable by yourself, it fails to be fun or engaging no matter how you play. If you play on your own youíll miss interacting with NPCs as you explore the world seeing as there are none, and when you do come across other players theyíll probably just irritate you. Often theyíll follow you around like lost puppies, wanting to share the horrid experiencing theyíre having with another victim. Occasionally theyíll attack, hoping to engage you in combat so they can presumably steal your loot. If you donít fight back, however, the damage they do to you is pretty negligible. If you simply run away, your attacker is likely to lose interest in their evil act.

[…]

Score: 2/10
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2018, 21:28
Ouch !

I guess they will need to rely on week one sales because after the reviews there wont be much for week 2. As well another reason to release on your own platform as I suspect there would have been a lot of refunds from Steam.

Terry

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2018, 21:30
This is getting a little out of hand, honestly.

Game is actually quite a bit better than that - objectively speaking.

However, it's definitely rougher than one would have expected.

Darth Tagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

November 22nd, 2018, 21:40
More recent articles.

Fallout 76 an ambitious project that hasnít quite panned out
Fallout 76ís world is beautiful in its own flavor of post-nuclear apocalyptic horrors that I simply canít help but love, even if thatís something thatís already better served in the other Fallout games. I really want something that will keep bringing me back to it that it currently lacks, a reason that will help it stand out. Considering Bethesdaís long term support for their games post-release, Iím hopeful that Fallout 76 will get some much needed improvements and, well, actual substantial, worthwhile content that makes the hours I play well spent. I donít want to completely write it off, but as it stands, itís a game thatís hard to recommend even to die-hard Fallout fans.
Fallout 76ís Multiplayer: The Promise Vs. The Reality
In the week since Fallout 76's release, it since has become one of 2018ís more divisive games. Its Metacritic page is a horrorshow; its official forum and subreddits are battlegrounds between those who have found something to love in the buggy online survival game and those who think Bethesda has taken the series off a cliff. While thereís a lot of hyperbole on both sides, many playersí disappointment is reasonable, given how Fallout 76 was pitched to them when it was originally revealed at this yearís E3.
It Sure Is Interesting To Rewatch That Fallout 76 E3 Reveal Now
Fallout 76 has arrived not just as a middling title in a storied franchise, but as possibly the worst-reviewed major release of the year. Of the last few years, in fact. Time to take a look back to how this started.
--
ďThe court of public opinion moves much faster than the law.Ē ― T.E. Carter

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

November 22nd, 2018, 21:57
henriquejr spotted another one on PC Gamer:
There are also plenty of bugs: quest markers not showing on maps or pointing to the wrong spot, broken animations, AI misfires and poor enemy pathfinding, and more. The PC version of Fallout 76 is genuinely disappointing, which is even more troubling because modders, who for years have dedicated themselves to tweaking and fixing issues with Bethesda's RPGs, probably won't be able to help.

Despite the considerable issues with the PC version, I've still had long stretches of fun with Fallout 76. I really wish PvP had more at stake than lost junk (or at least more willing participants) but the world retains a lot of what I love about Bethesda's previous RPGs with finely crafted environments, enjoyable weapons and crafting, and surprising little scraps of story to uncover and investigate. Like Valley Galleria, though, it doesn't take long to for the shine to fade, the once-fascinating areas to lose their wonder among the mobs of identical enemies I've killed there time and time again.

Score: 60/100

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

November 22nd, 2018, 22:02
I just hope the bad press doesn't discourage them from finishing the game. Would hate to see them abandon it before it meets it's potential.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
+1:

November 22nd, 2018, 22:31
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
I just hope the bad press doesn't discourage them from finishing the game. Would hate to see them abandon it before it meets it's potential.
Since when has Bethesda ever "finished" a game? They gloss over glaring issues time and time again, leaving bugs to modders.

Unless, by 'finished', you mean implementing more DLC content for Creation Club.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2018, 22:35
As soon as it became clear what the FO76 review norm would be, I thought of Drithius and the pleasure he would derive from it

Darth Tagnan

November 22nd, 2018, 22:44
I don't really take pleasure in Bethesda's foolishness; it's a more a sense of apathy towards anything they put out - whether it reviews well or not - because it's always the same title. The complacency is simply more obvious this time.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

+1:

November 22nd, 2018, 22:45
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Since when has Bethesda ever "finished" a game? They gloss over glaring issues time and time again, leaving bugs to modders.

Unless, by 'finished', you mean implementing more DLC content for Creation Club.
Erm, while Bethesda's sins is not a topic, why not remind ourselves on some:

loading…

Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
This is getting a little out of hand, honestly.

Game is actually quite a bit better than that - objectively speaking.
Objectively, all MMOs deserve 2/10. Max.
Except LoL. I'd accept 3/10 because only that game is free and has no pay2win possibility.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2018, 22:47
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I don't really take pleasure in Bethesda's foolishness; it's a more a sense of apathy towards anything they put out - whether it reviews well or not - because it's always the same title. The complacency is simply more obvious this time.
I see

Darth Tagnan

November 22nd, 2018, 22:47
What the hell is that guy wearing, Joxer!

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

November 22nd, 2018, 22:50
Objectively, all MMOs deserve 2/10. Max.
Except LoL. I'd accept 3/10 because only that game is free and has no pay2win possibility.
Always so generous

Darth Tagnan

November 22nd, 2018, 23:47
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Ouch !

I guess they will need to rely on week one sales because after the reviews there wont be much for week 2. As well another reason to release on your own platform as I suspect there would have been a lot of refunds from Steam.
And wouldn't they have to refund a game in their own platform?
--
Sou tricolor de coraÁ„o!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jšger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 02:16
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Ouch !

I managed to get a refund (requested it before the actual release) and it came in about a week.

tekulte

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 03:24
"Billed as the multiplayer Fallout game we’ve all been waiting for" lol, nobody did

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 03:33
Originally Posted by tekulte View Post
I managed to get a refund (requested it before the actual release) and it came in about a week.
So you never actually played the game after release?
I would be suprised if they gave refunds for any one after the official release.
If they do though good on them.

Terry

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 04:55
Man, this hits just seem to keep coming for this…..thing. And yeah, who the heck ever wanted an online Fallout game?? Not me!!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 07:33
My sympathies for the developers. This has to sting a bit.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2018, 08:08
I'm enjoying the game for what it is. It has many shortcomings, but it's nowhere near as bad. To me these are just biased reviews to garner attention, nothing more.

Ephiron

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 76 - Review @ Gamespew