Outward - Dev Diary #5

As its on offer on Steam, it might be the perfect time to pick this one up.

Noticed the steam reviews on this one went from quite good at release to ripped to shreds recently.

Fun at first but tedious after a few hours seems to be the complaint.

Noticed the steam reviews on this one went from quite good at release to ripped to shreds recently.

Fun at first but tedious after a few hours seems to be the complaint.

I think it's one of those games you've got to try for yourself, take Elex, that had a lot of poor reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I found the first area pretty filled out, but leaving that area had a massive drop in the quantity and quality of quests and combat. The survival elements are tacked on and never take a major role; or at least they didn't when I first played it. I have not followed the game at all since I stopped playing. I know they've patched it.

I thought there were concerns that the reviews were "padded" by the developers, but I could be wrong about that. It would explain why they fell quickly after the first several weeks. Most games make 90% of their money in the first couple months.

Finally, I thought the game was worth the purchase price at the time of release and will play it again someday. I was just bored with the other areas in comparison to the first.

I enjoyed the game so much at release I completed it. It's pretty interesting with the advanced crafting and survival mechanics as well as the unique magic system.

I liked game very much so it became one of those rares I ever finish lately! Game ended too soon for me (played religious faction) - I was up for way more hours in!
And it has very "cozy" atmosphere I enjoyed a lot, despite being not the best graphics around.

I enjoyed the game a lot for around 30 hours. The desert area was nicely done. Exploration was fantastic. Disappointed in the character development. They could have added more skills.

I finished Elex but couldn't finish Outward. Elex had great character progression and I always enjoy games where you start off wimpy and then become a demi-god.

Back
Top Bottom