Jade Empire replay - mod recommendations - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Jade Empire replay - mod recommendations

Default Jade Empire replay - mod recommendations

November 19th, 2019, 22:34
Lately I've been craving for older Bioware games.. and now I'm thinking of giving JE another go.

I did finish it once and found it average. Any ideas for mod to enhance the experience?
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

November 19th, 2019, 22:57
It doesn't have much mods, just a few retextures/recolors and new styles/play as NPC stuff available on the Nexus.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 20th, 2019, 08:31
Sadly as said most of the mods are just textures but a few added more martial art styles. The hard part is finding links to those mods most are down or deleted.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/jade-empire-in-style
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

November 20th, 2019, 11:03
I played it not too long ago, and it actually worked perfectly fine. It's the edition found on GOG.com. It's still a fun game in a lovely setting. I would love to see a bigger game with a stronger emphasis on exploring the setting.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 21st, 2019, 11:24
I was tossing between JE and ME2… now I'm installing both lol
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

November 21st, 2019, 12:24
Any tips on combat? Gosh, it's more clunky than I remember. Playing it on student level is too boring but master is too hard lol
--

purpleblob

Princess

November 21st, 2019, 17:42
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Any tips on combat? Gosh, it's more clunky than I remember. Playing it on student level is too boring but master is too hard lol
Start with Leaping Tiger, it's the easiest of the martial style to use. I think it only get out damaged by White Demon too, but that one require proper timing to use.

I never bother with transformation, support or magic styles outside Spirit Thief to gain chi back. Remember that you can heal using your chi and slowmo everything with focus. Also, there is a combo system between the styles that I never bothered to learn that create health/chi/focus orbs.

For weapons: double swords…but until you can get the first set, go with staff, you can at least manage groups with it until you get double swords to mow things own.

Keep in mind that ghosts receive more damage from magic styles and constructs more from weapon styles and that some companions have both a combat and support mode (ex: Dawnstar support replenish your chi, which means you can heal more in combat when she's in support mode than when she's pretending to hit people with her sword)
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 21st, 2019, 17:51
I found companions much more useful in support mode. A companion that regenerates your health or chi I found brought me through tougher fights better than when they actually fought.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Jade Empire replay - mod recommendations