Solasta - March Dev Journal

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This month's developers journal for Solasta, shows information about the updated spell icons, the updated character creation, environments, giant eagles and bloopers. But, perhaps more importantly, it also has a new video showing some alpha footage (if the video doesn't show, here is the link).

More information.

Played the demo some time ago, and while it was very nice visually, I remember combat with multiple levels being a royal pain. Very difficult to tell enemies on different levels and figuring out how to get to them was painful and frustrating.

If they address that this would be an insta-buy.

Seems heavily inspired on DOS, which works for me. Hope it comes out nice and smooth and I'll buy it for sure.

The Art style to me seems highly superior compared to the Walt disney chewing gum Baldur's Gate 3 seems to come with. I hope Solasta's story is beefy enough, I won't buy it if it is a mere combat simulator.

Played it this past weekend... very impressed. It seems to be a great take on a DnD inspired game. However, as mentioned, the camera control is not great... feels like you're fighting against it far too much. They need to iron that out.

However, one really cool mechanic is that when a question is put to your party, you can choose a response from any party member - and each response is tailored to that member and their personality. Such a simple mechanic but so cool, allowing the player to exert a bit more control over those exchanges. Not certain the replies result in different outcomes or not but it still adds a lot of immersion.

Played it this past weekend… very impressed. It seems to be a great take on a DnD inspired game. However, as mentioned, the camera control is not great… feels like you're fighting against it far too much. They need to iron that out.

However, one really cool mechanic is that when a question is put to your party, you can choose a response from any party member - and each response is tailored to that member and their personality. Such a simple mechanic but so cool, allowing the player to exert a bit more control over those exchanges. Not certain the replies result in different outcomes or not but it still adds a lot of immersion.

I'm following this game closely because I backed it, and be sure they are quite aware of the issue with the camera, as it was number 1 problem that people talked about it after playing demo almost half a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom