Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

D

Deleted member 18181

I dont play this type of game, but this one looks mouth drooling

I'm astonished they still do that thing, it feels like an alien in Microsoft's software landscape now ...

I'm interested. I haven't played a flight sim in decades, and now I want to.

I'm interested. I haven't played a flight sim in decades, and now I want to.
'play' isn't the right word here. As always flight sims look cool, but that's it. The only fun part is taking off and landing which is 1% of your flight time.

Give me Wonder Woman's plane and the ability to control time/weather! So many screenshots.... <drool>

If the controls are realistic I'm sure there will be a market for this overseas.

Poured a lot of my time into this back when I still had any, my crowning achievement still being the fabled "round-the-world" trip, solely with propeller planes. Learned a lot about the places that I made stops in.

The franchise did something spectacularly well that any RPG publishers might do well to take note of: It embraced modding without any restrictions. Anyone was (is?) free to create and distribute 3rd-party add-ons, including commercially. This has led to literally hundreds of thousands of add-ons, from texture mods over new airplane models to entire countries, many of them of exceptional quality. I am sure that this did a lot to extend the shelf-life of the franchise, just as add-ons did for Morrowind - but with permissive monetization options that allowed independent vendors to really raise their level of quality without being funnelled into a specific storefront or "workshop" or "Creation Club" or other such silly business.

Errr… the first 15 seconds look very real - except maybe the sky on the landing. Hard to tell if that's graphics or bad camera issues. The trees, though... they're perfect! They can't be doing proper 3D models of real trees, can they?

I'm thinking they digitized images - probably some sort of automated process and then super-impose the plane... wonder how large the distribution will be - probably many gigs esp if they support 4k.

Errr… the first 15 seconds look very real - except maybe the sky on the landing. Hard to tell if that's graphics or bad camera issues. The trees, though… they're perfect! They can't be doing proper 3D models of real trees, can they?

Yet another video, this one showing modeled airports and airplanes.

Back
Top Bottom