Elex Technical issues

lostforever

SasqWatch
Basically the game freeze on my laptop (i7, 1060, 8gb, ssd) and then crashes. Sometimes I can juts about move the mouse but it will crash quickly after freeze. The freeze usually happens after I interacted with something, like lockers, NPCs etc. They are very regular like every 4/5 minutes.

Anyone have this issues?

Sorry, I don't. The game is butter smooth for me with a GTX 970, i5 4690, 16 gb ram and installed on an SSD. 60 FPS on 1080p maxed out but unfortunately I can't max the settings @ 4K. Game still looks nice though.

The issue that has been annoying me is the game not recognizing my controller and keeping the keyboard UI up there. It's an intermittent issue but it's annoying when it happens because I have to restart the game a few times and "get lucky" for it to work.

Quick question. Is the right stick aiming on a controller (or mouse) supposed to be a bit "janky" at lower skill levels? I figured that was a feature from Gothic, i.e. poor weapon skills make weapons harder to wield, but now I'm wondering if maybe it's the trackpad on my Steam Controller not being setup correctly for the game.

Any ideas? Is right stick aiming supposed to be really smooth and precise at all times? Or at lower levels is there a bit of jerkiness to it?

Basically the game freeze on my laptop (i7, 1060, 8gb, ssd) and then crashes. Sometimes I can juts about move the mouse but it will crash quickly after freeze. The freeze usually happens after I interacted with something, like lockers, NPCs etc. They are very regular like every 4/5 minutes.

Anyone have this issues?

Yeah, autosave is bugged. Disable it and save manually.

Autosave works fine for me except for the timing, and I've yet to have a single crash or freeze.

I have it set to 12 minute intervals, but sometimes it'll go much longer between saves.

No freze/crash issues on my side either.
The game is installed on SSD, but I don't use i7.
Also I don't use mushrooms, I bet that's the culprit. ;)

Yeah, autosave is bugged. Disable it and save manually.

Wow thanks! The 3 minute crash is gone! I have had couple of crashes still but that's like after 30mons etc.

I am playing on the desktop with auto save but it does not crash there. Anyway odd.

Laptops always seem to have more issues than a decent desktop rig. That's one of the reasons I always game on my desktop.

Laptops always seem to have more issues than a decent desktop rig. That's one of the reasons I always game on my desktop.

Yes I agree but I was away on work yesterday so play on laptops too.

There is a thread over on steam (didn't look for it) that suggested this is due to a bad path in .ini file and can be fixed with a bit (3 second) edit. I don't own the game so not sure it is true or not.

Wow thanks! The 3 minute crash is gone! I have had couple of crashes still but that's like after 30mons etc.

I am playing on the desktop with auto save but it does not crash there. Anyway odd.

I found that turning the HUD off turned off the cross hair, and Jax suddenly couldn't hit anything. Hud back on, and arrows went where I pointed. Thought it was a bug at the time, but haven't investigated as Hud-off play doesn't seem all that viable.

Anyone else have a combat slowdown where everyone moves in slow motion? Really weird, only happened once but it was strange.

Anyone else have a combat slowdown where everyone moves in slow motion? Really weird, only happened once but it was strange.

I have. Joxer said it was a rare stutter bug some folks get. It hasn't happened as much lately thankfully for me - get it every now and then.

I haven't had any stutters at all, even during auto-saves, but I imagine that's because my OS is on a SSD (which is where the saves go?).
I've seen some reports about the GOG v1.1 patch causing some issues, but I haven't played since that. Anyone here had the patch causing issues?

Last edited:
After 20 hours I just encountered a couple instances of my follower not attacking until I physically attack the enemy first. Sometimes it happens, other times not.

I hear they are already working on a huge patch again too, addressing all of these issues.

I haven't had any stutters at all, even during auto-saves, but I imagine that's because my OS is on a SSD (which is where the saves go?).
I've seen some reports about the GOG v1.1 patch causing some issues, but I haven't played since that. Anyone here had the patch causing issues?

Since I applied the patch today it's happening for me in almost every combat making the game unplayable!!

I also get the combat slow down here and there. I have both
Os and game on ssd .

I have also came cross followers doing nothing while I get slaughtered right next to them!

Since I applied the patch today it's happening for me in almost every combat making the game unplayable!!

I just downloaded the patch but not applied yet! I might wait butonger?

I saw some comments about companions not attacking until you attack first. Maybe this isn't a bug (not to me at least). It is similar to a passive AI setting versus a very aggressive one.

I prefer it this way. I don't want my companion aggroing every thing and getting us killed. I want to be the one to decide which battles we get into for the most part.

So maybe they set the AI this way in general - or maybe the companion AI is set to a small aggro range with some special cases against certain types of enemy.

Regardless it is easy enough to pull an enemy with a bow or run in whack it then back away quickly if I want Duras to pull the aggro.

Course the ideal is to be able to set the AI type. Some games allow that some don't. I know in Skyrim you could not set it in the game but could easily change it with the CK or console. Followers have an aggression type - some will charge enemies, some will assist, some will stay till they die and some will run away - depends on the setting.

Or have the AI smart to know when something has aggro and gets close enough - again as I don't like it when companions run out to attack something when I don't want them to or I prefer to run .. or perhaps I want to try and break up a pack so don't want my companion getting them all aware and pissed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom