RPGWatch - Game of the Year Awards 2019

Yep. Plus perspectives on a game can change over time, due in no small part to patch fixes and DLC. (But that's probably not fair to new games though.) An example that comes to mind is PoE, which improved quite a bit with the White March expansions.

Yep, Insomnia is another example. Released in 2018, I played it in 2019, and it's still somewhat buggy (and apparently was somewhat unplayable at release).

At this point in time it's a pretty good game already though and I can (cautiously) recommend it.

Its not so different from any "decade" review. Earlier parts are always forgotten in favour of new material, no matter how important or groundbreaking they are.

Muhammad Ali was in no way the athlete of century in my opinion. Not compared to Jim Thorpe for example. At least two other boxers may have been more important that him, even politically. i.e. Joe Louis.

--

Did we do a Game of the Decade in 2010?

We are going to do our first GOTD soon. Lackblogger has volunteered to do most of the work. We’ll announce the details soon, still have to prepare something first.

He is now :)

So how's that going?
Almost done with the campaign of Reign of Chaos. About to start Frozen Throne. The campaign is fine, and the models look great.

That being said: They seem to have completely botched multiplayer and custom games, so the backlash has really been something. Understandably so. It's so obviously corporate decisions not made for the improvement of the game. I really hope they update it soon, or it's going to be a dead game soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom