Kingmaker - Preview @Keen Gamer

*shrug* I already got more fun out of this game than anything else released recently - it's just I'm worried paid "critics" will scare people away from this absolute gem.

I said it since even before the KS started: Russian developers = mega buggy game.
Tell me about it as I played every Fallout Russian Clone, and they all have two things in common. One all are buggy messes, and two they all have bad English translations.

Seems this game is mostly number one.

Last edited:
Of course an early access version of the game will have bugs. Are there any that didn't have them?

Of course an early access version of the game will have bugs. Are there any that didn't have them?
Russian Developers = Bug Ridden Messes that never get fixed.

It doesn't matter if the game is in Early Access as on release data/experiance shows that every Russian developed game will more then likely have the same problems.

Most don't even get fixed and by that both bugs, and localization.

Is this game due out soonish? I'm hoping that it is at least currently in early access, as that just seems to mean we still need to wait a month or three before actually playing the games in that category.

Is this game due out soonish? I'm hoping that it is at least currently in early access, as that just seems to mean we still need to wait a month or three before actually playing the games in that category.

The current release date window is "2018". It doesn't have a fix date yet.

Its still in beta, the release is scheduled for 2018. I hope they take the time for polishing.

They recently said:
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is also getting its very own Steam page in the coming days! A little while later, sometime around early June, pre-orders for Pathfinder: Kingmaker will also come to the Steam Store, followed by pre-orders on GoG within the first half of June.
(source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2193975)

I did a quick check on some examples: pre-orders on GoG start about 1 week - 10 months before release. Most about 1 month.

It doesn't matter if the game is in Early Access as on release data/experiance shows that every Russian developed game will more then likely have the same problems.

Most don't even get fixed and by that both bugs, and localization.

I disagree, I've played several Russian developed games with neither a lot off bugs nor poor translation. I've played several that had both those problems too though, but that doesn't make it true for all titles.

I disagree, I've played several Russian developed games with neither a lot off bugs nor poor translation. I've played several that had both those problems too though, but that doesn't make it true for all titles.
I beg to differ but to each their own.:)
I played every Fallout Russian Clone & other RPGs they all have two things in common. One all are buggy messes, and two they have bad English translations.

Well, I'll agree on the Fallout Clones. But Space Rangers 2 and Kings Bounty Armoured Princess are high up on my favourites list and neither was buggy or had poor translation.

Fallout Clones though...Planet Alcatraz? THAT was buggy. I still finished it though.

I had hoped that at least in communities like this there is no prejudgment against developers that share nationality or whatever with developers that delivered low qualitiy in the past.

I think the release was originally planned for summer 2018 (which means August) but I would rather they polish the game and delay the release a few months back if necessary.

The game is currently in beta phase :)

I had hoped that at least in communities like this there is no prejudgment against developers that share nationality or whatever with developers that delivered low qualitiy in the past.
Are you kidding me? As we have members who hate or praise European RPGs all the time. I can still recall the various debates about mainstream reviews and European RPGs.

As for Russian RPGs I'm sorry but I played most of them, and by god they are terrible. It's as if a grade school teacher in English said screw this lets try Engrish instead.

I'll bow out and say I played a few good FPS games like Metro, but they are gems found in a cesspool of games developed by Ukraine, or Russia. They just don't try.
Fallout Clones though…Planet Alcatraz? THAT was buggy. I still finished it though.
Yeah still remember that one another was Metalheart: Replicants Rampage. Anyhow I'm just going to go back to old days on this forum, and keep my opinions to myself again.

Last edited:
As for Russian RPGs I'm sorry but I played most of them, and by god they are terrible. It as if a grade school teacher in English said screw this lets try Engrish instead.

I haven't played many Russian made games so I can't comment on them, but as someone who played Kingmaker beta, I urge Watchers to drop the prejudice and have a go :) it's a good game, no scrape that, a bloody brilliant game.

I have encountered many bugs, yes, but it's still in beta phase and I'm sure Owlcat is busy addressing those now. At its current state, it's actually better than some of games at its release (e.g. Expeditions: Viking).

As far as I've seen, the writing is very good, they just need to work on NPC dialogues a bit - some of attempted jokes weren't really delivered well, but otherwise, everything else was very well translated to English.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reasonable reply purpleblob. As my post above was in bold to give bulletpoints to Archangel who cant read, or understand what I was talking about.

My earlier comment even said this game only has a lot of bugs that's all.
I played every Fallout Russian Clone, and they all have two things in common. One all are buggy messes, and two they all have bad English translations.

Seems this game is mostly number one.

Thanks for the reasonable reply purpleblob. As my post above was in bold to give bulletpoints to Archangel who cant read, or understand what I was talking about.

My earlier comment even said this game only has a lot of bugs that's all.
I can read, but you seem to have played indie russian games made by few people. And you seem to have a brain that cannot understand a difference between that and a serious studio with lots of developers backed by super rich company.

And when we are talking about bugs, Bethesda is still king of buggy releases. I would guess you are a fan of Bethesda so you should stop commenting about games in Early Access stage and bugs.

*shrug* I already got more fun out of this game than anything else released recently - it's just I'm worried paid "critics" will scare people away from this absolute gem.

I'm worried Pillars of Eternity has scared people away from rtwp games in the infinity style. I hope people are willing to give it a chance.

This game looks even less accessible to your average gamer than POE2, so I wouldn't be worried. If anything POE2 has brought a lot more fans to the genre than before.

Back
Top Bottom