Anachronox - Retrospective @ IndianNoob

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IndianNoob looks back at Anachronox:

Retro Saturdays Episode 24 :: Anachronox

I have never been a fan of Japanese Role Playing Games. Its not that I despise them, but something about the character aesthetics, and stories always turns me off. The only JRPGs I’ve played from start to finish are Final Fantasy VI, VII and Chrono Trigger. That doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge their presence however. I can see why people love them. I’ve always been a sucker for Western RPGs though. When I came to know that there was this RPG called Anachrnox that had the best of both world’s, I was intrigued and cautious at the same time. I wanted to try it out badly, but I knew that if I went in with my prejudice towards JRPGs, it’d not be enjoyable. Yet here I am, talking about Anachronox like its one of my favorite games ever. How did that happen? Well, let me fill you in.

[...]
More information.

Enjoyed this back in the day. May have to replay it at some point. :)

Daniel.

Enjoyed this back in the day. May have to replay it at some point. :)

Daniel.

It surprisingly holds up, even today. I had no problem whatsoever getting back in to write this piece, apart from downloading a widescreen fix.

Best japanese-style combat western game of all time! Only now is an indie in development that fired me up like amazing Anachronox: uh.. can't find the link, I think it was posted here.

This game needs a graphics overhaul. Friends I've suggested it to don't want to play it in the original state. :(
Only graphics, the rest of it shouldn't be changed a single bit!

Still enjoy this years later and sad that the tale will be completed.:(

I still remember dropping my ladder on this cutscene. Oops, sorry, animation.
Sadly, noone would be impressed today with that graphics except Nintendo audience, that's how games there still look like:

Back
Top Bottom